Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it. I'm not totally sure what his role is and what KPI's are going to be used to measure his performance.

But, some people want to use the on field performances as the main indicator to sack him?? That fault is with the manager, we want to rip apart his backroom team which he has set up over the last year and start again.

Crazy when you think about it, and this is coming from the person who was laughing at all the hyperbole people was saying about him.

Its one extreme to the other with some people.
We don't know what his role is but that's part of the problem because I suspect the fact the role was ill defined lead to the friction between him and Koeman. It appeared to me that Koeman wanted players to play a long ball power based game whereas the Walsh signings are more technical and less physical.

It wouldn't surprise me if Walsh did find a few strikers but Koeman vetoed them and effectively threw his toys out of the pram and wanted the sack after missing out on Giroud.

It was a match made in hell from the beginning. If Moshiri still believes in Walsh then he has to put his trust in his ability to find the right coach although personally I think we already have the right coach now.

We don't know what his role is but that's part of the problem because I suspect the fact the role was ill defined lead to the friction between him and Koeman. It appeared to me that Koeman wanted players to play a long ball power based game whereas the Walsh signings are more technical and less physical.

It wouldn't surprise me if Walsh did find a few strikers but Koeman vetoed them and effectively threw his toys out of the pram and wanted the sack after missing out on Giroud.

It was a match made in hell from the beginning. If Moshiri still believes in Walsh then he has to put his trust in his ability to find the right coach although personally I think we already have the right coach now.
Was it ill defined though? Obviously we don't know who does what, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the people involved don't.

As an example, there'll be plenty of people in my office who have absolutely no idea what I actually do, only my job title. I know though, as does my boss, and the people who report directly to me. There's no confusion internally, but externally might be different. Same thing here really, Koeman, Walsh and the board may well all know exactly what each person was expected to do, but we as fans are just guessing.

Was it ill defined though? Obviously we don't know who does what, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the people involved don't.

As an example, there'll be plenty of people in my office who have absolutely no idea what I actually do, only my job title. I know though, as does my boss, and the people who report directly to me. There's no confusion internally, but externally might be different. Same thing here really, Koeman, Walsh and the board may well all know exactly what each person was expected to do, but we as fans are just guessing.

Your boss knows you mainly just browse GOT then?

If it wasn't ill-defined then Walsh is incompetent and wasn't able to control the head coach, a person directly under him.

Of course that's being a bit strong. Koeman may just be that big of a.....

If he wasn't above the head coach then he wasn't given the job as a director of football only the title.

Your boss knows you mainly just browse GOT then?
Absolutely. He's an Arsenal fan, we regularly swap horror stories and send each other the best abuse on our respective forums.

If it wasn't ill-defined then Walsh is incompetent and wasn't able to control the head coach, a person directly under him.

Of course that's being a bit strong. Koeman may just be that big of a.....

If he wasn't above the head coach then he wasn't given the job as a director of football only the title.
And that may well be the case. I'm not saying they were all on the same page, just pointing out that there's a rather important difference between us not knowing who to blame and the board not knowing.

Managers are short term employees these days though. So when you go from an extreme of say Martinez > Koeman the stress shows. @toffeeblue9 is on the money, the manager should be chosen according to our criteria, they shouldn't be causing upheaval with playing staff, recruitment, scouting etc

Fair point. If some Evertonians had their way then Walsh would be a 'short term' employee too lol

If Koeman keeps giving interviews there won't be much we don't know.

He blames Walsh for failing to complete the Giroud deal.
Which doesn't surprise me.

It's not just the fact that he had no plan other than Giroud but he then insisted on Sigurdsson when it was clear Walsh had already bought players to do that role and we already had Barkley.

Absolutely. He's an Arsenal fan, we regularly swap horror stories and send each other the best abuse on our respective forums.

And that may well be the case. I'm not saying they were all on the same page, just pointing out that there's a rather important difference between us not knowing who to blame and the board not knowing.
Actually I blame the board. They appointed the wrong man first and then compounded that mistake by hiring a director of football who looks to want to play a different style than the new manager they appointed.

Koeman and Walsh obviously could have helped to make the situation better but that's the root of the problem.

Hopefully just growing pains. Kenwright has no experience with this setup and I think we are learning on the job.

Expensive mistakes.

Links to that? Arsed looking for it like...
I've put two and two together.

One interview describing Walsh as "green around the negotiating table"

The next day another interview stating that he had "Giroud in the door".

Throw on top of that the text messages from the lad at Goodison who documented the blame game between them after the Arsenal match.

You can all believe what you like but he's basically said that this is Walsh's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.