Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to be supportive of this fella and this is the first negative thing I've said about him, but, he should be sacked with immediate effect. He has left us in a complete mess.

Only 5 players on that pitch have been signed since Moyes left 4 and a half years ago.

Williams
Pickford
McCarthy
Lennon
Rooney

There's as many Moyes players starting tonight that there is players bought by either of the last two managers. 3.

Jagielka
Baines
Mirallas

What a disaster. Could've set us back years, or at the very least, cost us a fortune as there is going to be a premium on what we need, which Stevie Wonder could see, yet he couldn't.

Pathetic.
I'm all for holding to account but you are judging on a team for the league cup that had five under 21s in it. Two of which Walsh brought in. Let's see what happens over the next two weeks.

Definitely hold Walsh to account for some things but need to keep a perspective. What about the development of the U23 and the future of the club. He has brought in Lookman (who we all rave about), CL (who everyone raves about), Donker, who looks a very good player, Onyekuru who everyone is raving about and has scored a fair few this season, not to mention getting rid of the wasters that have been around here. If he is accountable for getting players in, he is accountable for getting players out - something we always say was a positive for Koeman. Until the facts come out of who wanted what in terms of players, we need to give the team time to settle and then judge. In terms of the Dutch articles, that's exactly what I would be doing right now to ensure my client is relatively undamaged and can walk into another pay day.

it's all good getting in youngsters like lookman, onyekuru or whatever hes called for the future but what about now this season when we have just got in Europe, priority number 1 should have been a striker, the absolute 1 place we needed the most knowing Lukaku was gone, sugar coat it however but he had months to do that and failed

bobby and koeman have already been sacked for not doing there job to a high enough standard, walsh has got off lightly

I'm all for holding to account but you are judging on a team for the league cup that had five under 21s in it. Two of which Walsh brought in. Let's see what happens over the next two weeks.
It's because of Walsh and Koemans purchases that Unsworth felt he needed to use those kids.

One of the main roles of a DOF is to manage the change inbetween managers. Make sure everything from the academy to the senior team is working in tandem for the future.

DOF will be working towards long term success, and his targets will be set by the board/owner and not just set against on the pitch results.

Recruitment will be a role within his position and he has spent the last year recruiting people into various backroom positions.

I have mocked people on here who keep saying he discovered Zola and Drogba as if they were random unknowns. Now these same people want him sacked, you could not make it up.

Stop and think about it people.

I'm definitely not saying he is perfect and by all accounts it looks like he is on a last chance if rumours are true. But, he has done some good stuff and missed things - so the jury should still be out. If he had brought those players in and we were doing well, it wouldn't be the same argument. Lack of a striker, definitely a massive miss, but only this morning wits confirmed that Giroud was in Finch Farm and about to put pen to paper. My understanding is his wife refused to move to Liverpool/the North. My point is, its not black and white and we need to see what his players do under another manager before calling for his head. You also cannot say he failed to bring in players so we had to play the players he brought in, however old. they were brought in as first team players.

He should be director of youth football or head scout. Never a director of football for a top team's first team. No contacts, no experience, no clue. Crazy appointment.

We should be looking for a new one. Far more pressing than a new manager because I believe in rhino.

He should be director of youth football or head scout. Never a director of football for a top team's first team. No contacts, no experience, no clue. Crazy appointment.

We should be looking for a new one. Far more pressing than a new manager because I believe in rhino.

Alright Liam, as you seem to be an expert can you define the role of a director of football for a top premier league club please?

Maybe do a job description and what it entails for us.

It will be interesting to see if a new manager would even be prepared to work with Walsh

However I believe the owner is adamant he wants a DOF whether that be Walsh or not so it may be a pre requisite

Alright Liam, as you seem to be an expert can you define the role of a director of football for a top premier league club please?

Maybe do a job description and what it entails for us.
To muddy the waters on who to blame. :)

The director of football should be the person in charge of all football related matters which means ultimately he's the boss. The person who hires and fires everyone including the head coach. The person who defines our identity and shapes the squad to play in that way and finds the coach to carry that out. The person who negotiates on transfers. The person who leads the scouting team to find players.

The only criteria Walsh has is the last and even then it's not at the top table scouting stars or potential stars but rather looking for unknown gems. To buy stars or potential stars like Tielemans he would need to have contacts with all the top agents.

We either need to give Walsh that power because ultimately I don't think he was allowed to do his job by Koeman or get rid. None of us really know except the board but given a lot of money will need to be spent we should consider whether Walsh is the right man for the job.

LOL @ the amount of guesswork in this thread. None of us have a clue.

This is it. I'm not totally sure what his role is and what KPI's are going to be used to measure his performance.

But, some people want to use the on field performances as the main indicator to sack him?? That fault is with the manager, we want to rip apart his backroom team which he has set up over the last year and start again.

Crazy when you think about it, and this is coming from the person who was laughing at all the hyperbole people was saying about him.

Its one extreme to the other with some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.