Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall a scene from one of the 'Land That Time Forgot' video in which Sarah, the baby triceratops, goes missing and her father blames Little Foot, her best friend -a brontosaurus.
"Three Horn, why do you blame my son ?" asked Little Foot's dad (Long Neck was his name).
And the grumpy old Triceratops replies " Well I have to blame someone, don't I?"

That scene reminds me of this thread at the moment.

PS : Sarah was found safe and well and actually made friends with a baby T. rex (which caused a few issues lol)

My kids when very young, loved those vids.

Giroud, Batshuayi, Costa, Rooney, Sandro

That's 5 at least we can say for certaint we've "identified", and we have signed 2 of them.

Giroud I believe was our top target and kept us waiting for a while before making an odd decision to stay at a club in crisi where he is now third choice at best.

Just because we've not signed a target man does not mean we haven't identified one. There will be a list of targets and we will be working our way down it until we get one

4 out-of-favour strikers from Prem clubs above us, and a £5m punt. Groundbreaking stuff Mr. Walsh.

4 out-of-favour strikers from Prem clubs above us, and a £5m punt. Groundbreaking stuff Mr. Walsh.

See, this is what I mean. The fella can't win.
If we sign players/try to sign players who owe all know are good already, then he's not doing his job.

If he signs someone cheap, they're not good enough or a punt.

Have a word with yourself.

See, this is what I mean. The fella can't win.
If we sign players/try to sign players who owe all know are good already, then he's not doing his job.

If he signs someone cheap, they're not good enough or a punt.

Have a word with yourself.

Nah, I don't have any interest in 'unearthed gems' for the sake of it. As long as they're the right player it's all good.

Problem is our recruitment has, for the money, been dreadful this summer (outside of Pickford and Keane). We have a legitimately bad squad right now which they had aeons to prepare for and a nearly blank chequebook. It ain't right, mis amigos.

Nah, I don't have any interest in 'unearthed gems' for the sake of it. As long as they're the right player it's all good.

Problem is our recruitment has, for the money, been dreadful this summer (outside of Pickford and Keane). We have a legitimately bad squad right now which they had aeons to prepare for and a nearly blank chequebook. It ain't right, mis amigos.

That's a crazy shout 3 games into the season.

That's a crazy shout 3 games into the season.

Not related to the results at all, we've done alright considering. I'm talking about the state of the squad, the dreadful football, and the awful underlying stats.

It's possible Sigurddsson will blossom and show why we spent £45m, Klaassen will bang in ~10 goals and knit our midfield and attack together, Sandro will click and knock in about 15, Bolasie and Coleman come back in tip top shape, Lookman and Vlasic will both be excellent beyond their years, Rooney will roll back the clock, and we get in striker who does really well.

That's a whole lot of ifs and basically all of them have to come through for us to break top 6/have a good Europa run this season. On top of that, Koeman's gameplan appears to be to have set himself a personal challenge to play Pulisball with midgets.

Sigh. I used to be always a very optimistic fan, as the vaults will attest. The dumbness of this summer has broken me though.

Giroud, Batshuayi, Costa, Rooney, Sandro

That's 5 at least we can say for certaint we've "identified", and we have signed 2 of them.

Giroud I believe was our top target and kept us waiting for a while before making an odd decision to stay at a club in crisi where he is now third choice at best.

Just because we've not signed a target man does not mean we haven't identified one. There will be a list of targets and we will be working our way down it until we get one
Giroud,Batashuayi are we certain they were/are targets or just media chatter?

Any potential signings today must be down to him.
Apparently Ronko is in Portugal playing golf.
Surprised me really, I thought the manager would be integral to convincing someone to sign and sell the club to the player.
Or am I just being a niave old fart who still thinks thats the way it's done?

Status
Not open for further replies.