Stephen Warnock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good player, probably one of the better left backs in the League.

I'd be surprised by this though, we already have a top quality left back in Leighton Baines. I'd have thought Moyes was just looking for backup, someone who can fill in every once and a while.

Maybe he sees Warnock as an ideal partner for Baines ? Who knows, Pienaar over to the right maybe ? I agree though, he's a decent left back, if we just wanted cover for the sake of it then he surely wouldv'e gone for a free Michael Ball !

Aston Villa boss Martin O'NeillI is ready to sign Stephen Warnock in a £8 million deal – and give him a debut against old club Liverpool.

Warnock was pulled out of Blackburn's trip to Sunderland yesterday as the clubs thrashed out a fee ahead of the player tying up terms.

O'Neill is keen to have Warnock in his side at Anfield on Monday if all goes well, with no snags expected.

Villa have uoped their initial offer and Sam Allardyce will sell to finance more moves.

The price is less than Rovers wanted but still a big profit on wht he cost from the Kop.

Warnock was Blackburn's player of the year but would like to push his England claims by moving on. He can also play in Europe too.

Allardyce has been using Warnock in midfield and he wants to be a left-back, so Rovers think they can cope without him.

Rovers have just signed veteran Michel Salgado and may buy again shortly.

Villa have had a loan bid for Arsenal left-back Armand Traore turned down.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill is after a new full-back as Nicky Shorey has failed to impress.

But Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has refused to send highly-rated Traore, 19, to Villa as they rivaled them last term for a top four spot.

Villa are now set to step up their interest in Blackburn star Stephen Warnock.

While Birmingham remains a possible destination for Traore but the youngster doesn’t fancy a relegation fight.

Maybe he sees Warnock as an ideal partner for Baines ? Who knows, Pienaar over to the right maybe ? I agree though, he's a decent left back, if we just wanted cover for the sake of it then he surely wouldv'e gone for a free Michael Ball !
injured unfortunately (well, recovering from surgery) - probably the reason why he hasn't signed!

They are saying on MOTD that its a matter of time before he goes to Villa. Cant see him coming to use, regardless of what the reserve player says.

Now i've said that i'll be proved wrong :D

Reckon we will end up with Nicky Shorey then! Unless Redknapp jumps in with a late bid :blink:

Nah, can not see Warnock joining us.

Can't see us going after Warnock with having Baines. He's made a name for himself since he left the [Poor language removed] and won't want to come here as just cover at his age imo

forget the bleach... get crystal meths...

we might as well get neil warnock as manager an go thee whole hog... PMSL stop this torture, we dont need him an for 8 million.. hurry up o,neill get that cheque book out now 2day infact, while moyes is busy doin his team sheet.. hurry up lol.......

Status
Not open for further replies.