Staying in the Prem or Liquidation: Your view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liquidation one step closer after today.

Embrace it.
I’m pretty sure we are close or were close to liquidation well before the season ends and any risk of relegation is confirmed. The £45m may have gone some way to easing that but all things put together don’t look good. As someone posted in another thread, it’s strange a journo not on a retainer for Bill is scouring through this shambles with a fine tooth comb.

In line with the other relegation-flavoured threads, would you take relegation, administration and eventual liquidation to end our suffering, or Premier League survival for at least another year and carry on as a zombie club?

Weigh in.
Liquidation on the rocks in a tasty beverage I'm told

If Everton were liquidated I’d just walk away from football?
Everton will certainly not be liquidated, we will not be the first big team to be relegated and if we can't get back quickly then we could be a championship club for a long time similar to Leeds.

We will have to reconfigure as a club, however we will still have the fanbase and the new stadium is now more important than ever as it will be an attractive asset for any potential new owner.

If there is a positive from this window is that if we didn't sign players to improve the team, nor did we waste our resources on signing expensive older players on big contracts.

If we are lucky enough to survive this season our situation in the summer will further improve as we shed some more of the big earners .

Frankly I think we should be going for Champions League qualification with our new manager urging our newly inspired boys to glory.

Everton will certainly not be liquidated, we will not be the first big team to be relegated and if we can't get back quickly then we could be a championship club for a long time similar to Leeds.

We will have to reconfigure as a club, however we will still have the fanbase and the new stadium is now more important than ever as it will be an attractive asset for any potential new owner.

If there is a positive from this window is that if we didn't sign players to improve the team, nor did we waste our resources on signing expensive older players on big contracts.

If we are lucky enough to survive this season our situation in the summer will further improve as we shed some more of the big earners .
And the costs of taking on the completion of the stadium will have a massive input into whatever price any prospective buyer will be willing to pay for the club.

Moshiri has failed to find the suspected £250m - and probably more needed now with the escalating costs - from any external funder and together with the ongoing debts and year on year losses, the value of the club literally reduces week by week.

Then throw in the dramatic loss of TV revenue if we were to be relegated and potential loss or reduction in other corporate partnerships on the back of dropping out of the Premier League… and you have a potentially huge issue for the future.

What would happen if liquidation did happen and Jim Bowen stepped out and said look what you could have won....

Speedboat for Denise in her bed sit

Excuse my ignorance. But does liquidation mean no more Everton football club? Or does it mean points deduction and a fine? Leeds United in 2000’s or Bury fc.

Status
Not open for further replies.