Starting the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone wants that, but where is the freedom of choice for the person who gets infected by someone who chose to go to a football game? Why is "I want" so much more important than "They need"?

Anyway, since we are in the Everton forum, UTFT.

People are allowed to crowd into bars and get hammered. Yet we cant go to outdoor events to watch a match? I have no interest in drinking, I barely touch the stuff.

There's a lot of contradictory decisions being made which I don't like. The simple unfortunate reality is we cant remove all risk from society. We are going to need to get to a position where it is left to personal choice.

If people don't want to do certain things then that's absolutely fine. No one should ever have pressure put on them. But we cant stop the rest from doing what they enjoy forever. We have to allow things but learn to do them differently.

For those wanting to go to the match under current circumstances, here's some home work: imagine you are the P M. Write 2 short speeches, the first announcing that public events, like footy games, can now go ahead. The second speech explaining the sharp rise in deaths and why attendance at footy matches has to stop.

Political suicide and morally bankrupt.

Wasn't it on this site that Evertonians were making comments about the stupidity of the authorities in allowing the Atletico game at Anfield go ahead? And the greater stupidity of Kopites for actually attending?

Infection rates are rising. Forget attending matches & worry about your jobs and families.

Where I am in Northern Ireland, infection rates are extremely low and we haven't had a death from covid in like 18 days. We have to move forward.

See i agree with this, but i cant see it working.
One thing they do need to do is close the bars inside the ground, so ppl dont hang around in them narrow passage ways. You want a drink, dont go the game, simple, the ground is for the sport.
We need a poll
If the bars at football stadiums were shut would it stop you going to the match .
I think there could be some interesting replies .

Where I am in Northern Ireland, infection rates are extremely low and we haven't had a death from covid in like 18 days. We have to move forward.

I'm happy the six counties are escaping the worst of it & wish them the best. England, as you'll know, is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Thats great if we moved to Norn mate.

But here in the rest of the UK we are having about 500 a week deaths.

Except we aint.

Like after this weekend, and the UK all going to the South/South West, we might soon mind. Said it before, baby steps, stop start, carefully does it is the way ahead. Trouble is there are far too many idiots who need their fix of a beach.

Covid cant believe its luck that so many human beings are thick as a mallets.

I'd like to add a little outside view to this fans / no fans question (mainly think it has to be decided based on current situations in each country).

Back in June in Hungary it was already allowed to have fans without any limitations in the stadiums. Ten days ago the operative persons hold a press conference in which they said there will be no change in this at the start of the next season (15/08, pre-season started 2 weeks ago for all teams). There will be no full houses I think as there wasn't one for our main derby which was also a celebration for the champions: it was obvious a lot of people were afraid to go to a huge crowd like that. But its also for the better I guess: You still get to decide whether You go or not and fans behaved quite well and in an orderly fashion yet the athmosphere was still fantastic. And more importantly it had no negative effect on the spreading of the virus: during the last 7 matchdays 128.948 fans were at the games (only the last 3 rounds were "all can come in", the others restricted the fans to 1/4 of the stadium capacity) and there were not a single COVID positive case in context of the games (fans, players, staff and officials included).

Also the Hungarian FA put back in order the normal match scenario: only 3 subs and drink break only over 30 Celsius degrees. They said nothing suggests this 5 sub craze should carry on as we'll play the games in the usual schedule.

Alot of things can happen in these next 2-3 months.

I personally don't think there would be much harm in say a 40%-50% reduced capacity ground providing social distancing was in place and infection numbers had fallen come October.

If thousands can line streets protesting and thousands can celebrate LFC/LUFC successes etc. why cant people social distance at a stadium?

I'd like to add a little outside view to this fans / no fans question (mainly think it has to be decided based on current situations in each country).

Back in June in Hungary it was already allowed to have fans without any limitations in the stadiums. Ten days ago the operative persons hold a press conference in which they said there will be no change in this at the start of the next season (15/08, pre-season started 2 weeks ago for all teams). There will be no full houses I think as there wasn't one for our main derby which was also a celebration for the champions: it was obvious a lot of people were afraid to go to a huge crowd like that. But its also for the better I guess: You still get to decide whether You go or not and fans behaved quite well and in an orderly fashion yet the athmosphere was still fantastic. And more importantly it had no negative effect on the spreading of the virus: during the last 7 matchdays 128.948 fans were at the games (only the last 3 rounds were "all can come in", the others restricted the fans to 1/4 of the stadium capacity) and there were not a single COVID positive case in context of the games (fans, players, staff and officials included).

Also the Hungarian FA put back in order the normal match scenario: only 3 subs and drink break only over 30 Celsius degrees. They said nothing suggests this 5 sub craze should carry on as we'll play the games in the usual schedule.
The truth is that much of the so-called 'science' is actually guesswork, and hence the introduction then dropping of various control measures. Add to this a media which sees its role as one of bashing government's performance (not unjustifiably) rather than seeking to shed greater light on the central issue in decision-making, namely the analysis of the data. So, for instance, why do we keep being told of the daily number of new cases detected but not whether this a rising or falling percentage of those tested when surely it's the latter piece of information we need to be getting fed to help us understand the changing situation, particularly when the number of tests being carried out has doubled in the last month.

Also the Hungarian FA put back in order the normal match scenario: only 3 subs and drink break only over 30 Celsius degrees.
Bravo Hungary.;)
Even now I just don't understand the rationale for these multiple subs, nor the drinks breaks, which effectively change football from a game of two halves into a game of four quarters.

Bravo Hungary.;)
Even now I just don't understand the rationale for these multiple subs, nor the drinks breaks, which effectively change football from a game of two halves into a game of four quarters.
Unfortunately, so that the wealthier clubs can keep more of their squad members happy and also give them the ability to use more of their supersubs if things aren't going to plan, I suspect the EPL will vote to stick with the farcical Project Restart rules. So, get the joiners in sharpish at GP to expand the area around the players tunnel to accommodate more players and club staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.