Starting the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.
said it for ages that i think crowds will be back in October,even before it was said,but only a % amount then it will build up,not sure how quick but time will tell
and as above think this will never go away and we will live with this virus for quite a bit of time

said it for ages that i think crowds will be back in October,even before it was said,but only a % amount then it will build up,not sure how quick but time will tell

I always felt they would defo be back this year.

But and I really don't want to be a DOOMER, the cases are creeping up and once Winter hits I suspect we will back in the eye of the storm, not as bad as it was, but I don't see us being in a position to allow 5k-10k people into stadiums, personally.

I always felt they would defo be back this year.

But and I really don't want to be a DOOMER, the cases are creeping up and once Winter hits I suspect we will back in the eye of the storm, not as bad as it was, but I don't see us being in a position to allow 5k-10k people into stadiums, personally.
Don't honestly think Winter will change things much,cases growing here in Spain and it's 38 today.

Dont know what the virus is like in france etc but they had fans in the cup final Friday-behind each end of the ground [not sure if they were behind the camera] but someone said last week and ive forgot who it was that the french league is due to have fans in the grounds the 1st day which is in 3 weeks

Exactly, wear a mask in the ground like we have to in crowded shops, public transport and other places.
Wearing a mask to the game would carry no enjoyment for me. Rather just keep it as it is until normality resumes whenever that may be.

Ive seen many reports saying its not seasonal, which appears correct.

I just feel that once winter hits and everybody gets their colds and flu, transmission will go up.
Most governments seemed to be hanging their hats on the idea earlier on that higher temperatures would see it disappear, overlooking totally that countries like Singapore at the time had plus 30. Scary that they will push forward with the season when there is still a lot to learn about the virus.

Playing out the last quarter of last season in empty stadiums was a farce. Now it looks like the new season is going to begin likewise. And with the government intent on avoiding repeating past mistakes I wouldn't like to bet on crowds being allowed back until next year. Certainly we can forget September (not that ever looked likely even before the latest Covid figures) and almost certainly October too. To avoid the false and farcical situation at the end of last season I'd much prefer the whole season to be put back until circumstances change back to what appeared to be the optimistic scenario of a week ago. If that might mean scrapping both the cup competitions for one season then so be it; maybe establish a one season tournament for the EFL clubs to aid their finances.
There is a bit of self-interest in my suggestion of course. Because the way we performed behind closed doors last season I could see us being in early relegation trouble by the time the gates were opened up once more!
Opening pubs and restaurants and other infection incubators - and keeping them open. Yeah, they've certainly learned the lessons of their murderous policy from March.

Most governments seemed to be hanging their hats on the idea earlier on that higher temperatures would see it disappear, overlooking totally that countries like Singapore at the time had plus 30. Scary that they will push forward with the season when there is still a lot to learn about the virus.

I think what we have learnt about this virus so far is that we know nothing about this virus.

We cant just not do anything forever. There are ways of getting fans in while keeping distance.

We cant keep bringing back restrictions over and over again. I believe in personal responsibility and freedom of choice.
I think everyone wants that, but where is the freedom of choice for the person who gets infected by someone who chose to go to a football game? Why is "I want" so much more important than "They need"?

Anyway, since we are in the Everton forum, UTFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.