Starting the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cant just not do anything forever. There are ways of getting fans in while keeping distance.

We cant keep bringing back restrictions over and over again. I believe in personal responsibility and freedom of choice.
Exactly, wear a mask in the ground like we have to in crowded shops, public transport and other places.

I dont agree that its selfish to want to get back to normal.

Nothing wrong whatever in wanting normality (if you can call watching Everton 'normal'). Giving that wish practical expression by match going and, inevitably, taking a chance on not killing other people, is something else. IF it were the case that people lived in complete isolation in their house / journey / attendance and if they carried a sworn declaration that they did not want the NHS to treat them, fair enough. Probably do the gene pool no end of good. But that level of isolation simply doesn't exist.

Guaranteed all fixtures for us v's top 7 with be at home in the first half of the season.
All big reds home fixtures against top 7 will be saved for late Jan 2021 onwards.

Nothing wrong whatever in wanting normality (if you can call watching Everton 'normal'). Giving that wish practical expression by match going and, inevitably, taking a chance on not killing other people, is something else. IF it were the case that people lived in complete isolation in their house / journey / attendance and if they carried a sworn declaration that they did not want the NHS to treat them, fair enough. Probably do the gene pool no end of good. But that level of isolation simply doesn't exist.

We cant remove all risk from society. But we cant just do nothing until a vaccine because there is no guarantee of an effective vaccine. What if we never get one?

We need to learn to live with the virus and mitigate until we hopefully can eradicate it. I dont think its fair to say people are thoughtless and selfish because they want to go and watch football.

I think we have to move towards a point where there are no restrictions and those who want to do things can, and those who don't want to are not forced into anything.

I'm not saying full stadiums, but completely empty stadiums isn't viable for the football league. I doubt many clubs could survive a full season without gate money.

I'm coming round to the opinion that we need to move towards normality and let individuals choose to do what they are comfortable with.
What we need is no season and the players accepting a pitiful wage of say, oh I don't know, say 50 grand for the year just to go play golf and have their hair done somewhere normal.

Then the clubs would survive. Extraordinary circumstances - simple solution.

Exactly, wear a mask in the ground like we have to in crowded shops, public transport and other places.
Problem is fans wont, some will but some wont, football crowds are hard to control, I seen a couple in HMV not wearing them yesterday,, if we cant get them to be have got no chance with fans

I went out last night. Some places were obeying the rules, but they still had an entire beer garden sitting side by side with no masks etc. Then there are other boozers that are completely ignoring any rules with no complaints from the customers.

The last pub I went to last night was small but packed, standing room only, nobody had a mask and there were no rules in place. You went to the bar and ordered your round in the normal way, none of this handing over your birth certificate before being allowed to order via an App!

Problem is fans wont, some will but some wont, football crowds are hard to control, I seen a couple in HMV not wearing them yesterday,, if we cant get them to be have got no chance with fans
No mask- no admission and if mask is taken off ...... ejection from the stadium , the stewards could police it .
Obviously the players and match officials would be exempt :p and of course the ppl who have a verified exemption certificate .

Scientists reckon this virus will be around for decades.There is no easy solution but I think the days of full houses are gone as is any hope of a new stadium,it wouldnt be economically a good move any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.