Stake. Com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you’re coming across really well here with your total absence of sympathy for a family member who clearly had huge problems.

‘Weakness.’ Jesus Christ.

Well, of course, he did have huge problems, mainly greed and thinking he was Rockefeller. Also, there is an element of weakness involved (another problem) and I feel that it is important to acknowledge this so it can be dealt with instead of people acting like they are somehow just a victim and not to blame.

I'm not really too bothered how I am coming across, I had sympathy for him and the situation he had gotten himself into, but sympathy does not really help. He was supported by us all and we helped him devise a plan to eventually get rid of his debt.

Well, of course, he did have huge problems, mainly greed and thinking he was Rockefeller. Also, there is an element of weakness involved (another problem) and I feel that it is important to acknowledge this so it can be dealt with instead of people acting like they are somehow just a victim and not to blame.

I'm not really too bothered how I am coming across, I had sympathy for him and the situation he had gotten himself into, but sympathy does not really help. He was supported by us all and we helped him devise a plan to eventually get rid of his debt.
Well, you go your way and I’ll go mine. Love and support beats contempt as far as I’m concerned.

That is utter nonsense. If this were true then everyone would be addicted. Same goes for Alcohol. It affects the weak and the stupid, chasing the dragon so to speak. Betting companies have been around since early 1800s, they are not going away. If you think having the word Stake on a kit is going to trigger people then you need to put down your amateur pysch book
So how low would you be willing to sink?
Arms companies?
Oxycontin?

It’s a disease, the Merson thing on BBC hit the mark, all about brain chemistry and addictive behaviour, it’s still available to watch on iplayer. It’s a massive issue that causes untold misery, but having a gambling firm on our shirts impacts that not one iota. Hope your family member got the professional support they needed.

Personally, I do not believe that it is a disease. We all have addictive personalities at varying levels, it's just that some addictions are more destructive than others. I know a guy who has been going the match since the late 70s, along with every England game, he also started going to watch lower league teams, it's almost like he's terrified to miss something football related. Over the years he must have spent thousands upon thousands of pounds on football, but no one considers him to have a disease, people just say "He's mad about footy".

I mean I was giving tips to a guy who might want to buy some crypto and wanted some general advice (as you can see it wasn't 'put your house on crypto... quite the opposite), and you seemed to decide that post was a way for you to question the validity of crypto, but I digress.

Who backs governments and banks? same answer.

Why can you buy and sell 0.5% the amount of gold that ever existed since the dawn of time globally on the LCM in a DAY... who backs that? because thats paper trading, not physical... thats $36.9 bln a day FYI on something that for the purposes of the trade doesn't exist outside of a note that says 'this note exchanges the value of the price of gold'.
Sorry if it seemed I was questioning the validity of crypto, that wasn't my intention. I am just an elderly man trying to understand how it works!

I imagine that if it is outlawed, it won’t take immediate effect. Perhaps they’ll let any existing contracts expire naturally, or at least put a 2 or 3 year timescale on the law coming into effect.
Obviously different situations but in Italy clubs got 6 months to sort out their deals. In Spain it was announced in October 2020 and came into the effect the next season. 8 clubs started the season without a sponsor as a result.

Personally, I do not believe that it is a disease. We all have addictive personalities at varying levels, it's just that some addictions are more destructive than others. I know a guy who has been going the match since the late 70s, along with every England game, he also started going to watch lower league teams, it's almost like he's terrified to miss something football related. Over the years he must have spent thousands upon thousands of pounds on football, but no I one considers him to have a disease, people just say "He's mad about footy".
Only thing I would say is fair play so long as he did nothing illegal to fund his passion. No objections to the sponsorship myself

Status
Not open for further replies.