Stake. Com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't approve of the message but I do know our club need the £10M and can't afford to be turning their noses up at it. We might also find that, post sanctions, Usmanov is back among the fold (depending on the club's view of accepting his largesse).

When the rest of the PL is up to all sorts of no-good (Sportswashing, other sponsorship deals) we can't take the moral high ground and survive.

The whole of top tier football is ruled by money, I’d say anyone who has enough of it to invest in football got at least some of it by effing people over. Rich people don’t get rich by being nice, Moshiri, Uzi, even Kenwright damaged the people who had to attend his shows….PTSD anyone???

I imagine all the snowflakes aboard the good ship High Morals want the club to ban all alcohol inside the ground. We can't be seen to promote alcoholism or maybe we should ban crisps and sweets, as well as that, as well as that surely promotes obesity.
Of course the above is stupid but they are just as relevant as gambling yet people don't have a problem, even boasting that you got to get drunk to watch us. Have the fans with a gambling addiction been ok for the last 2 years and now we have suddenly triggered them? Gambling is not a problem if done responsibly, weak willed people are the problem, having a shirt sponsor won't convert these people either way, to suggest different is ridiculous

When would you say we were a community club in that case? Itd have to be pre Chang since that's a company that profited off alcoholism. Feel like people are upset the club have gone against values they've never claimed to have bar the CEO making one comment about in ideal worlds
It's about the direction of the club in general and it is not just about the sponsor. We are owned by a billionaire who gained his wealth by piggybacking a Putin-backed oligarch, we have gone back on a pledge not to have a gambling sponsor within two years and we recruited a former koppite who denigrated the club very much against the fans wishes. If the club is simply a rich man's plaything with no care or consideration for the community who built it then why should any of us care about it anymore? I've seen comparisons with Chelsea and Man City on here today as some bizarre argument for why this is all fine. There is a major difference between us and those clubs, though. They sold their soul but at least got trophies out of the transaction, we sold ours to get worse, to be involved in relegation battles and to get a building site down by the river. Beer sponsors weren't great but having had one once shouldn't open the gates for us to have bad sponsors forevermore. Should it?

It's also a sign we, as a business, want money. Reckon Chang didn't invent alcoholism but we were with them for a decade, I was unhappy with how much people liked it for 2 reasons - I'm an ex alcoholic and didn't like it on my team, and it's a distinctly average (at best) beer. But guess what? Not only was the beer crap, we were also a virtual unknown in Thailand - I've had friends go there on holiday, I've asked for a shirt, they had 0 anywhere. As a kicker - we received no money.

So no money, no marketing, no standing abroad... to be sponsored by a crap beer. At least we get SOME money now.
£10m by all accounts. 22% of a Sigurdsson. Hardly a transformative sum.

I imagine all the snowflakes aboard the good ship High Morals want the club to ban all alcohol inside the ground. We can't be seen to promote alcoholism or maybe we should ban crisps and sweets, as well as that, as well as that surely promotes obesity.
Of course the above is stupid but they are just as relevant as gambling yet people don't have a problem, even boasting that you got to get drunk to watch us. Have the fans with a gambling addiction been ok for the last 2 years and now we have suddenly triggered them? Gambling is not a problem if done responsibly, weak willed people are the problem, having a shirt sponsor won't convert these people either way, to suggest different is ridiculous
Jeez you haven't got a scooby have ya. You don't get it mate.

Jeez you haven't got a scooby have ya. You don't get it mate

Status
Not open for further replies.