Squad depth chart summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davy or Vlasic will back up Sigurdsson. Vlasic played as a ten in the training games they had and then again on Saturday in the friendly.

Yeah, I think Dowell has some work to do if he's going to fight his way ahead of Vlasic. Might be why Silva tried him on the right in the second half.

Ps - as much as I love the Prince, I still think we need another striker as back up / competition for Tosun

I totally agree with you, and Niasse was on my Sell-list until i counted the players I had left in the squad. As I said, I rate both DCL and Sandro over him if we need someone to start. If we can move Niasse on and get someone better in - please do!

Yeah, I think Dowell has some work to do if he's going to fight his way ahead of Vlasic. Might be why Silva tried him on the right in the second half.

If he doesn't depart on loan, which I don't think he will, I suspect Dowell will be on the fringes of the first-team - waiting for an injury to get a chance.

He's youthful, mercurial and can play three different positions. Plus it's time we see if he can cut it at the top level.

Davy or Vlasic will back up Sigurdsson. Vlasic played as a ten in the training games they had and then again on Saturday in the friendly.

Do you know if Dowell played on the right in those training games, like he did vs Irdning? I thought it was really interesting to see the difference in the roles of the left central midfielder and the right one. The right one (Dowell/Vlasic) was pressing the defenders alongside Tosun once we lost the ball.

Do you know if Dowell played on the right in those training games, like he did vs Irdning? I thought it was really interesting to see the difference in the roles of the left central midfielder and the right one. The right one (Dowell/Vlasic) was pressing the defenders alongside Tosun once we lost the ball.

He floated across the front three in the one they broadcast on Facebook but I don't know about the others. Just Vlasic.

If he doesn't depart on loan, which I don't think he will, I suspect Dowell will be on the fringes of the first-team - waiting for an injury to get a chance.

He's youthful, mercurial and can play three different positions. Plus it's time we see if he can cut it at the top level.

It will clearly depend on what business we do or dont do between now and the end of the window.

Im really lazy and cba checking, but before I have to, do you know if the window closure on the 9th August applies to the Premier League only?

Basically can we do loans to The championship after is what im asking?

Dowell only played right for a bit second half because we don’t have anymore fit wingers to bring on when we did a full XI swap at half time. Hence Martina playing there for the last 30 mins.

It will clearly depend on what business we do or dont do between now and the end of the window.

Im really lazy and cba checking, but before I have to, do you know if the window closure on the 9th August applies to the Premier League only?

I'm pretty, pretty sure the early closing is only for the Prem and the football league sides can operate until the end of the month as usual - with the loan window closing a little bit after that, sometime in September.

Dowell only played right for a bit second half because we don’t have anymore fit wingers to bring on when we did a full XI swap at half time. Hence Martina playing there for the last 30 mins.

I interpreted that as Silva wanting to try Dowell in the position he has been playing for England U20s, but then having to give Martina 30 mins, and Dowell was the only one he could take off.

Not sure we can determine anything off pre-season games, its the time to experiment, we probably wont know much till at the very earliest end of September, once we have played a number of clubs home and away.

I interpreted that as Silva wanting to try Dowell in the position he has been playing for England U20s, but then having to give Martina 30 mins, and Dowell was the only one he could take off.

I can guarantee if Walcott or Bolasie were fit Dowell would have come off half time and Martina wouldn’t have got a minute.

Yeah, we can sell players until 31st of August, and EFL clubs can do standard loans until the same date: https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

Status
Not open for further replies.