Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved that kit and 94/95 blue one, with the crest on the v of the color.

I remember going down the shop to get my surname and number 8 printed on the back of it and running round the school field with it on thinking I was a midfield general. Made me want to dig them out tonight, got one of the 'Danka' ones and a 'One2One' sponsored shirt as well.

You on about this one?

I remember going down the shop to get my surname and number 8 printed on the back of it and running round the school field with it on thinking I was a midfield general. Made me want to dig them out tonight, got one of the 'Danka' ones and a 'One2One' sponsored shirt as well.

You on about this one?

View attachment 79245

Thats the one mate, we must be around the same age. It was the first one i saved up and bought myself as a kid, loved it and the crest is in the stitching to forgot about that and Everton written on a white label on the sleeve. Was always Joe Parkinson. Loved it I still have it up in the attic.

Remember watching the FA cup final and being gutted that they were playing in the new one.

Last edited:
I'm not necessarily saying what I think is going to happen. I'm trying to give a theoretical example of how much legally we would be able to get through without incurring the wrath of UEFA.

There is significant growth for room. Forget the 25 years without a trophy, you will judge worth based upon the brands across it's entire time. Tottenham haven't won the FA Cup or league in that time either but have a sponsorship fa beyond ours. We've also won the league 4 times since they last won it (more than they've ever won it in fact). These are all facts that would stand up well legally. The court system doesn't really work on the basis of juvenile songs from nonces who keep track of when their neighbours win trophies and sing songs about it.

I agree, the next sponsorship won't be at that level, but it could be legally.

Yes, I see where you're coming from. What is positive now is, we have someone with a very good business head at the board now, and not Kenwright, who i'm not actually beating here, but what connections does he have to strike out a good deal?

Levy and Spurs are an interesting side. They have London in their favour, and what they've done, and i've said it in other threads is, utilised European exposure to help push them to the next level and effectively nurture players into playing two games a week. If you remember back to 10 years ago, it was Villa, Spurs and ourselves who were all very similar. Villa couldn't maintain, went down, and had a troubled time. Spurs had a very solid business model, which led to them cracking the top 4, and earning a state of the art stadium, which is possibly one of the best in the world and we kind of just kept our heads above water.

People want what's hot. United are a MASSIVE name, but if you think they'll command the £75m a year like they do off Adidas next time round, with lack of exposure, you'll be in for a shock.
If we can consistently qualify for Europe, and use our links with Usmanov, i predict we can level where Spurs are, and if done correctly, push to the next level.

But I kind of think you made your own point there, in the the fact that Tottenham haven't won a trophy, yet there is huge demand. Not one business will have been nostalgic, they'd have been keen to secure the most exposure. We need to actually get a foothold, which is why European Football is essential.

I hope you're right. If we somehow fix it so we get £35m off Megafon, then i'll be buzzing. If i go to Moscow, and see André Gomes on an advertising board, then even better.

Definitely think something bigger is going on....

Racing Point unveils 2020 livery without Sportpesa

The company has recently ended other sports branding deals - including a shirt sponsorship agreement with Premier League football team Everton - and Szafnauer stated that "Sport Pesa had some difficulties in their home market", which led to the Racing Point title agreement ending.

Disagree. I'm as passionate a blue as the next, but none of this "successful" from times gone should stand ground.

We're looking to bring in foreign investment, they don't care about history, they care about what is current, which for us is 25 years without a trophy. What we do have is huge potential, and with a new stadium getting closer to beginning, a very serious owner, and his potential underwriting partner, a World class manager, and the weakest prem in 20 years, there's a tapable market.

We'd be going from £9m to £35m? I don't think so. I hope you're right, but we've got to be expecting £25m max surely? Then it's devil's advocate... do we try get a long standing deal like the long standing "big hitters" do, or go short term, and hedge our bets on us cracking the monopoly and in 3-4 years building foundations and doubling a deal?

I agree with the fact of hitting targets and we'll grow, but none of it will be down to the fact we've won the 4th most league titles, especially seeing as two of them were won 100+ years ago, i'm a very proud blue, but even i can't believe a huge Chinese conglomerate is going to go "9 League titles? Go on, here's £50m".

If the history thing had any effect then surely we would have had big kit deals for the past 20 years, why would the deals be bigger the longer we have no success.

If we get a good deal now it’s purely based on the potential of the ‘project’ and the contacts or connections of the people in charge at the moment.

The company has recently ended other sports branding deals - including a shirt sponsorship agreement with Premier League football team Everton - and Szafnauer stated that "Sport Pesa had some difficulties in their home market", which led to the Racing Point title agreement ending.

With Usmanov sponsering everything from the training ground, goodison matchday ads and future naming rights on the BMD stadium I would be astonished if USM or one of its companies isnt the new shirt sponser considering its the easiest thing to invest for a decent sum of money.

All this talk of NEC sounds rubbish tbh unless they have some informal shifty arrangement as I can not see anyone offering more than Uncle Uz.

Everton have already received interest from companies looking to become the club's new shirt sponsor after it was announced they were severing ties with SportPesa. The Blues will terminate their agreement with the African betting firm at the close of the season and bring an end to a club record deal, two years early.

Everton linked up with SportPesa in 2017 but after performing a review of the club's “commercial strategy” they have decided to part company and will have a new main sponsor in place for the 2020-21 campaign.

In a statement issued to the ECHO this evening, SportPesa thanked Everton but said the end of the deal will allow the Blues to pursue a “variety of other commercial arrangements...which we note they are already doing.”

The deal with SportPesa had the potential to be worth in the region of £9.6m a year to Everton, based on various clauses and achievements, but the Blues are now looking for a new sponsor to match the club's plans for commercial growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back