Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we are waiting to see where we finish. You would think getting into Europe would increase our sponsorship but I have a funny feeling if we do we'll get less, we won't need as much USM money to cover what we need.

Going off Usmanovs comments on "I can sponser them" and being an Arsenal fan but joining Everton I cant see it being anyone else but USM.

I mean why sponser the training ground and naming rights for the new stadium but not the shirt sponser?

As you say I have a feeling they'll already have a deal agreed but they'll wait and see where we finish before announcing the figure.

If we qualify for the CL or even EL you would imagine they would be able to get away looking more convincing offering us a high end yearly deal of say £20 million+

Disagree. I'm as passionate a blue as the next, but none of this "successful" from times gone should stand ground.

We're looking to bring in foreign investment, they don't care about history, they care about what is current, which for us is 25 years without a trophy. What we do have is huge potential, and with a new stadium getting closer to beginning, a very serious owner, and his potential underwriting partner, a World class manager, and the weakest prem in 20 years, there's a tapable market.

We'd be going from £9m to £35m? I don't think so. I hope you're right, but we've got to be expecting £25m max surely? Then it's devil's advocate... do we try get a long standing deal like the long standing "big hitters" do, or go short term, and hedge our bets on us cracking the monopoly and in 3-4 years building foundations and doubling a deal?

I agree with the fact of hitting targets and we'll grow, but none of it will be down to the fact we've won the 4th most league titles, especially seeing as two of them were won 100+ years ago, i'm a very proud blue, but even i can't believe a huge Chinese conglomerate is going to go "9 League titles? Go on, here's £50m".
It won’t be legit investment though
It will be dirty filthy Usmanov money at the back of it

If the history thing had any effect then surely we would have had big kit deals for the past 20 years, why would the deals be bigger the longer we have no success.

If we get a good deal now it’s purely based on the potential of the ‘project’ and the contacts or connections of the people in charge at the moment.
The point is what we can get without UEFA investigating it
Once we stay just below United and City we will be fine as it’s fair market value
As I’ve said before I doubt it’ll be legit sponsorship in the true sense of the word , it’ll be Usmanov investing

The point is what we can get without UEFA investigating it

I think we could match the 40 million pound a year that Chelsea are getting from 3 mobile if we go with Megafon, and it would look entirely legitimate.

I don't think the argument that we can't receive as much as Chelsea because we aren't in Europe or have fewer shirt sales holds up. There are only 20 premier league clubs, and the sponsorship of the big six clubs is already taken. So who is next in line? Everton are, and our sponsor would be Megafon, a massive telecommunications media provider just like 3 mobile are.

There would be no doubt that our sponsorship represents market value, even at 40 million pound per season.

FFP should not be a problem at all.

Who does their illustrations? lol

I would be absolutely astonished if it is anyone but USM - The shirt sponser is the biggest way to inject money into the club far more than any stadium naming rights deal you would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.