Spending on strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather see him buy 2-3 players for 20m than one

Look what happened this season, A few key players out and it was panic stations

We need a Winger,CM and Two strikers at least

Do we?

Wings - Kone, McGiedy, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith, Coleman, Oviedo.
Midfield - McCarthy, Barkley, Gibson, Osman, (sign) Barry.

Strikers are paramount.

Look at the RS. They are 2 injuries away from meltdown. Gerrard and Suarez pop it...that team is dead in the water.

It hasn't happened.

We've a better squad than they have. They just have the better key players.

I'd blow 90% of the budget on a striker who will get us 20+.

Then I'd do what Bobby has done this season and get some quality loans in. They're supposed to be lining up apparantly.

He wasn't even charged with rape, let alone found guilty of it.

steven gerrard has never been charged with a lot of things he's done.

thought he had been charged, apologies. suppose we don't know.

okay, we can buy him now, ha. he would be very very good here, that's all i can say. he's still a QPR player right?

Do we?

Strikers are paramount.

Look at the RS. They are 2 injuries away from meltdown. Gerrard and Suarez pop it...that team is dead in the water.

It hasn't happened.

Then I'd do what Bobby has done this season and get some quality loans in. They're supposed to be lining up apparantly.

Kone,Naismith,Oveido and Coleman on the wing

I'm out

Do we?

Strikers are paramount.

It hasn't happened.

say suarez and sturridge being injured would ruin them more than gerrard.

steven gerrard has never been charged with a lot of things he's done.

thought he had been charged, apologies. suppose we don't know.

okay, we can buy him now, ha. he would be very very good here, that's all i can say. he's still a QPR player right?

He's still owned by QPR. He will cost more if they come up, and cost less if they fail to do so. I agree that he would be very good for us.

i'd say we're just about okay for wingers myself, especially if we get delafeou back next season.

next season we'll start with kone as our only striker, so two of them is paramount as well as a center mid (and barry) - then we can get onto the wingers. who knows what magic bobby can pull from under his sleeve.

Kone,Naismith,Oveido and Coleman on the wing

I'm out

As back up to Mirallas, McGeady and Pienaar.

Ovideo did very well out there. Kone is predominantly a left sided attacker - and worth seeing what he can offer. Naismith is well....an option. Coleman knows how to play there.

We've enough. Another winger is just not needed.

Lukaku would be perfect not only for current ability but potential as well.

Even if we signed him we still need a top attacking midfielder/playmaker and to move Barkley back into central midfield.

Perhaps lukaku is out of reach in which case, If we had a top playmaker then he could be laying on the chances so well that the forward perhaps wouldnt need to be top class, maybe we could get away with lo a ned forwards if we spent big on a playmaker?

Interesting to see who is valued more.

As back up to Mirallas, McGeady and Pienaar.

Ovideo did very well out there. Kone is predominantly a left sided attacker - and worth seeing what he can offer. Naismith is well....an option. Coleman knows how to play there.

We've enough. Another winger is just not needed.

McGeady is an unknown and could turn out awful

Pienaar is getting on and needs replacing with someone who has genuine pace and can beat a man

No club in the top 5 would consider Naismith,Kone or Oviedo a good option on the wings

Martinez wants to play quick possession football, We need much more quality across the front 4 to achieve that

Nah, Gerrard is their talisman.

he would have been annonymous this season without suarez' diving for penalties and the front two running onto his long hoofs.

with the ball in play he's a liability, he's only been decent this season when the ball has actually stopped.

wouldn't have half the impact without the other two scoring from his deliveries

McGeady is an unknown and could turn out awful

Pienaar is getting on and needs replacing with someone who has genuine pace and can beat a man

No club in the top 5 would consider Naismith,Kone or Oviedo a good option on the wings

Martinez wants to play quick possession football, We need much more quality across the front 4 to achieve that

Even though they've done a job before? McGeady might replace Pienaar.

Basically, you're saying we should by more midfielders and wingers that would warm a bench rather than a striker which we don't have 1 of.

Status
Not open for further replies.