Specific moments you wrote us off as relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace for me at home was a nightmare just remember shouting at gomes at half time becuause i didnt see him even make a tackle. Then just sat silent in my chair at half time thinking it was over. Also newcastle at home whole team was just a mess was thinking how the hell has it come to this

Only once in my lifetime did I think it for a second, when we were losing the Wimbledon game. Not been worried the last two seasons.

for me it was how long it took moshri to sack lampard (we were totally lost for so long before he finally went) and then the absolute lack of direction on the search for a new manager. I realised that the club was so poorly run and that convinced me we’d be gone, last season or this. Throw in abject recruitment and the wage bill it looked for sure like we’d be down sooner or later.
IMG_2616.png

Funny how 12 months later some (ownership still a disaster and not sure 777 is a good long term move) issues have been resolved. I also didn’t want dyche but he’s been what we needed.

• Burnley 3 - 2 Everton (2021/22)
  • Everton 1 - 4 Newcastle (2022/23)
  • Half-time on the final day of last season, I'm pretty sure Leicester were winning.
I wasn't too worried at HT in the Palace game (21/22), as I just thought if we could get one we'd win it. The rest is history.

2-0 down to Wimbledon and when we had 2 penalties and still contrived to lose away at Burnley the season before last. And before Maddison missed that pen last season. The fact that 2 of those 3 were in the last 2 seasons and the other one nearly 30 years ago says a lot about the recent running of the club.

Definitely half time in the Palace game. I was serving in Lithuania at the time so switched off with the time difference and couldn't believe it the next morning.

I was at the Wimbledon game but don't really remember feeling it was all over, I think being 2-1 at half-time is probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.