Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are completely honest we need a complete new front 3 in the next window, Maupay not the long term solution and Dominic Calvert-Lewin, will he ever stay fit long enough to be any use. The wingers dont contribute enough goals or assists, goal scoring definitely going to hinder us this season unless it is addressed in January.
Same gray and gordon can look good but really need another option when they aint in the game.

It was as plain as the nose on your face we needed a target man in when Richarlison left. The faith paid in Calvert-Lewin to get out there and get on the end of chances was ridiculous.

We'll struggle to score like this at least until January now.

The club is pathetic.

Southampton go through purple patches but look utter dross the rest of the time - they basically stay in the league because they turn up for about a third of the season.

They are nowhere near on it today and need beating, got to get into the boys at half time and stress that little bit of quality will be enough to win it.

McNeil has had a handful of games, some as part of a “fluid” front 3 without a striker, and now a couple with Maupay. Given what we know he can be decent at, I’d imagine he was brought in to put it on Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s bonce.

Not that, as a professional footy player, he shouldn’t be able to do anything else, but I see it as genuine mitigation. I think he’ll settle down into being a very decent squad player for us.
Fair assessment. But by the end of the window, he looked completely at odds with what we went for. Stamina, grit, athleticism and self confidence in all our other buys. If he had raw pace it would make sense. He has a good touch and is clearly not a terrible technician but he possesses no outstanding attributes other than an alleged wand.

Looks like when we bought an alleged set piece wizard in GS and then never ever scored again from a direct free kick or any of his terrible corners.

Sums up where we are at present.
Defence & Midfield solid and composed.
No finesse, very little creativity.
Gray very frustrating to watch.
Would like to see both Garner & Gordon.

Welp, our wingers are just headless chickens and Maupay isn't really getting much good from it either.
Wonder if Frank asked them to not supply Maupay or what, half our half-chances would be goals if they'd rather focus on getting the ball to a finisher.

Gana has been an absolute titan today. Seamus done well too. Iwobi and Onana good as well.
McNeil is stumbling and grasping at straws, while Gray is getting all the chances and simply wasting them as if on purpose.

We're not losing this if we keep going like this. Goals will surely come.

Is Gordon carrying an injury.. been talk of him playing for England all week then he’s suddenly not in team replaced by a guy I could out pace

Status
Not open for further replies.