Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say I’m usually wrong.

What a weird season, Outside of Everton the league is so unpredictable at the moment.
To be honest, I thought Villa would win tonight too. They have looked decent, but I think their game against the reds might have got everyone a bit carried away.
I think it’s inevitable that we will have a game like this eventually and lose to a rubbish side or lose heavily, we just need to put it behind us and move on when the time comes.

Pickford should be playing though because it was offside, you only get a red for something that shows intent, as Carragher said, basically he is a dope and panicked, Richarlison on the other hand was 100% violent conduct, no complaints.

What’s he said?
Vigil outside St Mary’s pre-match for ex Saint Virgil.

What did he say?

I hope Carlo tells this schnitzel eating donkey not to speak about other teams players

Hasenhuttl feels the fact VAR was able to intervene on the offside call muddied the water somewhat, but is in no doubt such a challenge should have resulted in a straight red card.

"I think yes (Pickford should have been sent off)," the Austrian said. "I also had a discussion about this. It was a horrible tackle to be honest.

"I see the bigger issue as sometimes with this offside rule, (whether it is) or not.

"We have more often the situation now that the game goes on although it is offside and then some duels happen that don't have to happen normally, this is an issue.

"But we are also happy about having the VAR because now you see, in the Europa League, there is no VAR, how many discussions there are around decisions from the referee.

"But sure, you cannot go like this into a duel. This is an absolutely disastrous tackle to be honest.

"I think sure it can be a red card in the end... when you only see the tackle, (it) was horrible yes."

Was an awful challenge and Pickford shouldn't be playing against them.

He's right like but another one towing the media line.

Would love Pickford to have a stormer for once in his life.

South coast kopites got their propaganda orders from Mordor. The lot of them all toeing the same party line, and then there’s Carlo just bemused by the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.