Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were crap today

That wasn't a red for Digne and we should appeal it

Hard dose of reality that we're still a work in progress

Let's hope we can bounce back against Newcastle

It wont get overturned with the whole "ref has seen it and deemed it not a red" nonsense they spouted last week for Pickford.

2-0 flattered us there. Losing games of football is fine but losing them in today´s manner is concerning. We got the absolute run around all over the park.

I said last week that the goal threat without Richarlison in the team is limited and it was there for all to see today. DCL looked completely isolated, even in the 2nd half he was the only one in the box.

The most concerning part for me was the midfield. The lack of mobility from Allan and James was exposed and Doucoure was anonymous. I think that could be the blueprint for how to play against us. We couldn´t cope with their energy and pressing.

Nope, tbf to Dom he had zero service and big defenders to go up against.
We weren't at it today but give southampton credit they are capable of giving anyone a game on their day. i have seen us play much worse and get a result.The red for digne was retribution for last week. I knew it was coming from our friend. Kevin friend.

Carlo already said the challenge comes after a setback and not when everything is going well.

I think he'll be more disappointed than surprised today.

Personally think the whole Pickford thing all week has been the wrong sort of distraction for them, we looked lethargic and toothless, much like large parts of last season.

The biggest issue is that the finge players singularly never make an impact when called upon - Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard awful today. They aptly showed why they cannot merit a place in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.