Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....chuffed with Barkley's contribution. I've been critical only because I know what he's capable of and I'm not accepting all of the excuses. He needs to step up, he needs to score 10+ goals but he's started fine. Chuffed.

Saw the first half before taking my nephew to see the Newport County game (never matches up to Goodison like.) I'm assuming the second half was a bit more defensive with a good flourish at the end. From what I saw, that was easily the best performance we've had since Arsenal home the other year.

Said the other week we always seem to play opposite to whatever 'feel' there is around the club. It felt like that siege mentality returned today. Full on credit to Martinez and the team for that. Important we keep that going now with some additions to the squad and a gnarly Goodison at home to City next week.

Enjoy the weekend Blues! :cheers:

Did anyone notice how close jags and stonsey where to each other today. We obviously targeted the pelle threat and Seamus went man for man with Mane, even following him across when he took the corners. Jags and stones looked different class today because they concentrated on staying compact and not stretching across the park trying to play tippy tappy out from the back.

What was class was that Mane was very good today and we limited his chances.

....chuffed with Barkley's contribution. I've been critical only because I know what he's capable of and I'm not accepting all of the excuses. He needs to step up, he needs to score 10+ goals but he's started fine. Chuffed.
If I was him right now i'd be fully buzzing! Hopefully he bags a screamer against City like he did last time, and we win this time. Send a message out to the prem that we are boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.