Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice how close jags and stonsey where to each other today. We obviously targeted the pelle threat and Seamus went man for man with Mane, even following him across when he took the corners. Jags and stones looked different class today because they concentrated on staying compact and not stretching across the park trying to play tippy tappy out from the back.

That was a top top performance that any team in this league would be proud of, it just shows what this side can do when on form. Lukaku and Ross outstanding, special mention to Stones though. The amount of talk about him recently must be surreal for the lad and after last week when a couple of questions were asked where his mind was at. Today he was class and composed. Love the lad.

The balance of the side looked much better, Kone as the drifter just seemed to free up more room all over the pitch for our attacking outlets. We still need to sign a player with creativity as the home games this season will not allow us that room and we won't be counter attacking like today.

Just when the forum is building up a nice bit of momentum on the fume front, the team goes and plays boss and ruins everything.

Typical Everton that.

Ffs Moist.

Just when I thought I was out...THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!
687474703a2f2f6469676974616c6461696c792e616c6c7468696e6773642e636f6d2f66696c65732f323030382f30352f6f75746261636b2d696e2e6a7067

Did anyone notice how close jags and stonsey where to each other today. We obviously targeted the pelle threat and Seamus went man for man with Mane, even following him across when he took the corners. Jags and stones looked different class today because they concentrated on staying compact and not stretching across the park trying to play tippy tappy out from the back.
Absolutely. The whole back four played as a tight unit. Need this every week especially at home where I feel its not always the case.

That
played like a back four - together.
Not some fluid 5-a-side type experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.