So, where are our points coming from?…

Best we can hope for us that Forest get a heavy point deduction and we don't get a second one. I struggle to see us winning any game at all and we certainly won't win many more. Nothing ever improves, no lessons learnt. Just rinse and repeat and then make the same excuses. We fail at the basic fundamentals of football i.e passing and scoring.
I agree. I think we've been to the well once too often avoiding relegation. A reckoning is coming. You can't keep dodging destiny.

I'm still very confident with wins v Sheffield United and Burnley. Everyone can see on a weekly basis how out of their depth they are in the prem, both games are at Goodison (where contrary to popular belief the team do win the must win games in last two seasons in the run in) and not lost to either this season.

Do that and it's 31 points and based on last season would need just another win and a couple of draws. O.k the second charge is still live but I don't think that will be anywhere near the first charge so would be pretty confident of remaining above 32 points at least.

Next season is going to be the bigger problem you suspect.

Burnley and Sheffield Utd are - barring a miraculous turn around in form - all but down. However, this makes them a dangerous beast and once their respective fates are more or less secured and the pressure is off they will both want to go out with a bang rather than a whimper.

The remaining relegation fodder including ourselves will need to keep battling to the end and it's questionable how our character stands up to those of the others.

As @Sharpattack has said we have been to the well too often in recent seasons and it has to run out sometime. I just hope there is someone out there with a divining rod.

Update:

1712933972629.png

There’s a few people understandably asking that question at the moment.

I’ve had a look at our results so far this season to see how it breaks down in terms of the current table. Green is a win, yellow a draw, red a loss and the blanks are yet to be played.

View attachment 247839

To be honest, there’s no real shocks in there. We’re generally fodder to the teams at the top, but as you move down the table we start grinding out results and so far we’ve only lost 2 of the 10 games we’ve played against any of the bottom half. 6 of the games to play are against teams we’ve already beaten.

Our current run is shocking, and we really should have won our last 2 games and we’re putting pressure on ourselves, but the sides we have left to play are generally the ones we do well against.

UTFT
When we win or draw games...

If the Park End can spend more than 60 minutes in their seats with their sharking off for ale at 35 mins then emerging late for the second half and then getting off early because being home 10 minutes earlier is more important than Everton staying up. I see Park End. I see you.

You never know which Chelsea are gonna turn up, wouldn’t put it past us taking all 3 against them. I know we’re away but an early goal and their heads drop.

Only 4 games to go:

1714057556418.png

More than half of our wins have come against teams in the bottom 7... we've been very successful at taking points off those clubs in and around us (on the whole) which is ultimately why we're now essentially safe. The big worry regarding that when moving into next season, if we don't improve our results against those further up the table, it only takes a couple of bad results against those at the bottom to quickly drag us back down towards the relegation zone.

The results in that small cluster of games against Brighton, Wolves and Fulham jump out at me. The fact we have no wins in those 9 games is disappointing. Given where we are, I can understand and forgive only picking up the odd point against sides at the top, but we need to be picking up more points against these sides next season.