So the vote papers are on the way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Player Valuation: £20m
Please vote yes if you can.

Putting our club into possible financial danger and even PL status in danger for the sake of a map is ridiculous.

Keep Everton In Our City, why? to miss out on a new stadium that someone else is funding?
So that we can for ONCE in our history not move outside of liverpool when we have a new stadium.

Its our tradition and its our history to move when it suits us and where it suits us.

Sod the maps, they change.

Vote Yes.

If I could vote I would love to.

The people who get this piece of paper are the people who will make the call for all of us. My experience of Goodison is 576 lines of pixel that illuminte my TV screen when they show our home games on the box. I can only imagine the life history of the experiences of the games and the lifetimes of the supporters who have lived their lives on the terraces.

This vote is crucial in the rebuilding of our team into the side and the enigma we always have been, and are once again becoming.

Lets build a bigger, better stadium than Liverpool. Lets build it now so when the World Cup comes back to England, the stadium the people built stands as a testiment to our stature as an iconic football team, a testiment to the School of Science.

Lets build a Stadium of Science, a Stadium of Hope, a Stadium where every young kid wants to pull on the blue, cross that line and be part of a movement that will take the club back to where it rightly belongs.

To all Evertonians, who live and die by the fortunes of the people club;

you know what to do.

one city, one club. this is all i get from kopites these days.

They will laugh even harder when goodison doesn't get a safety certificate one year.

This kind of blind foolishness, caring more about the [Poor language removed] say than what is good for our club is what I'm so scared of.

remember, "We don't care what the red [Poor language removed] say, WHAT THE [Poor language removed] DO WE CARE?"

If the errosion of support in the city continues and is exacerbated then there will be very few doing the singing.

the kirkby move could be yet another string to the bow that sways youth support 'their' way.

its quite an uneasy position to be in having a vote.

If the errosion of support in the city continues and is exacerbated then there will be very few doing the singing.

the kirkby move could be yet another string to the bow that sways youth support 'their' way.

its quite an uneasy position to be in having a vote.

you seriously think moving down the road is going to affect anything? :blink:

'how many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man'

this isnt a sunday stroll we are talking about, it is a move beyond the heartland of everton, and once we leave, we never get to come back.

welcome to the city of liverpool

home of liverpool fc, everton fc, the beatles.... etc

that will be removed from the signs, and evertons association with the city of its birth will then be a footnotem a page in history, and eventually the butt of every joke.

That article is total bollocks, have far do you think we are moving??

christ, its scaremongering at its best. :dodgy:

4 miles. i know how far it is. the distance is not important. it is what it represents. we will no longer be a liverpool team. for me that's a big deal and is not scaremongering.

for a crappy stadium (my opinion but the more i look at it the less it excites me) with candles on the top it's not worth it. all this for an extra 10 million a season. that is one cheap sell out. if we relocate it has to be in liverpool.

4 miles. i know how far it is. the distance is not important. it is what it represents. we will no longer be a liverpool team. for me that's a big deal and is not scaremongering.

for a crappy stadium (my opinion but the more i look at it the less it excites me) with candles on the top it's not worth it. all this for an extra 10 million a season. that is one cheap sell out. if we relocate it has to be in liverpool.

And what other realistic options do we have?

in 5 years we might not get a safety certificate to hold PL games, then what?

In the last 15 years LCC have offered NOTHING, we need something now and it isn't coming.

As for no longer being a "liverpool team" yeh, give it 6 months and I bet they change the maps and it will be like nothing ever happened.

Paper ballots! You mean like things you can count and re-count? Unheard of, over hear we go electronic so it can be rigged and not verified. I mean, there is no plan B after all so this whole vote thing seems pretty risky, unacceptably risky if you ask me. Surely this vote is rigged and there can only be one possible outcome ! There has to be phony absentee ballots of dead people or some way to block minorities from voting or something up their sleeve???

Remember, vote early, vote often!

Last edited:
I can, to some degree, understand some of your fears. But there is no good location available inside the city.. Everton have tried to get one for years, now we have a chance to take the club forward and get the new stadium we need. And I've got the feeling that in the eyes of LCC we're not a Liverpool team anyway. They haven't supported us in this, they have most of the time ignored us, while helping Liverpool FC.

The move won't give us just £10M more a season. That figure was something Wyness said would be (in his eyes) the minimum increase of Moyes transferbudget. Not the overall income the club would earn.

Also, as far as I've learned, we're not leaving Liverpool as a big city, we're leaving LCC's area. Isn't Kirkby a part of Liverpool if you look at the wider perimeters of the city boundry?

I'd prefer to move to a location in the middle of Everton area.. but we're not going to get that kind of location, and certainly not for the same cost as this stadium is going to cost us. And what's saying we can't move back? What prevents us from moving to Kirkby and, say 30 years from now, move back into the city again? NOTHING! And I find it hard to imagine we'll loose so many youngsters if we have a club still fighting in PL and playing well. But if we move and fall out of PL then I can understand the fears of loosing the youngsters. But then again.. if we fall out of the PL and still are located in Liverpool.. we'll loose youngsters anyway... but perhaps not as many.

If the worst scenario came to be that the fans votes "no" to this move, no good location can be agreed upon by Everton and LCC and we fall down to the Championship. "At least we're still in Liverpool!" sounds fairly poor substitution to me. We'll loose even more fans among the youngsters then I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.