Homepage Update: So come on, come on, get down to Goodison Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is it's dishonest - dishonest in the sense that it's apparently a celebration of some sort of renaissance - but the undercurrent to it is really a swipe at the previous manager who 'let them down' (because he couldn't keep open the doors to the school of science for more than one season or something).

Its just another cheap shot at the end of the day.

Then you wont mind being thread banned then Dave.

:bye::bye::bye:

Good job @Tom Ferguson, nice read mert.

The thing is it's dishonest - dishonest in the sense that it's apparently a celebration of some sort of renaissance - but the undercurrent to it is really a swipe at the previous manager who 'let them down' (because he couldn't keep open the doors to the school of science for more than one season or something).

Time for bed Dave x

I'm not someone who thinks you shouldn't have an opinion if you don't go to games, some people are fortunate enough to be able to go regularly and some aren't. The things is though, there is a massive difference between watching on the TV and actually sitting in the ground. Last season was dreadful, the atmosphere was toxic and it genuinely became a chore going to the game. My little lad was only 7 at the time, and I honestly felt like a bad parent, dragging him in the car for the best part of 6 hours to watch us get turned over week after week. "Lost again, Dad" is just what you want to hear each weekend.

This season has been a revelation in comparison. Lots of goals, swatting "lesser" teams aside with relative ease and the atmosphere is a million times better. The game finishes and I can't wait for the next one.

You can see this as a dig at OFM if you like, but every word of it is true and if you had to sit through the latter stages of his reign here you'd probably see it differently.

I'm not someone who thinks you shouldn't have an opinion if you don't go to games, some people are fortunate enough to be able to go regularly and some aren't. The things is though, there is a massive difference between watching on the TV and actually sitting in the ground. Last season was dreadful, the atmosphere was toxic and it genuinely became a chore going to the game. My little lad was only 7 at the time, and I honestly felt like a bad parent, dragging him in the car for the best part of 6 hours to watch us get turned over week after week. "Lost again, Dad" is just what you want to hear each weekend.

This season has been a revelation in comparison. Lots of goals, swatting "lesser" teams aside with relative ease and the atmosphere is a million times better. The game finishes and I can't wait for the next one.

You can see this as a dig at OFM if you like, but every word of it is true and if you had to sit through the latter stages of his reign here you'd probably see it differently.

Great post mate.

Brace yourself for the next salvo !

It' smashing when you see a post and think "I wish I had written that!". Well done mate!;)

Last fella got a mural for Europa League qualification.
GOT Dave 2.jpg

Sorry mate, I disagree. It's an expression of the positivity felt by the majority under Koeman. We had many many similar things for Martinez in his first season.

But then as the post states, it was grim for the majority of the previous two seasons.

And this:

...four, yes FOUR, home league wins at Goodison between the 3-0 demolishing of Manchester United on April 26, 2015 and the 2-1 win over Bournemouth on April 30 last

Dave that is not good enough for EFC. I know you cannot possibly conclude that it is.

To contrast, we've won our last six at home I think?

Dave, this strikes me as a churlish response.

It's not another cheap shot at Martinez, it's an appreciation of the turning tide. We had a decent start this season, then a disappointing blip and now we appear to be right back on a right track.

In my opinion, you have taken a cheap shot because, for whatever reason, you still seem unable to accept that Martinez failed miserably in years two and three and as a result had to go.

It seems to me that it wouldn't have mattered who replaced him, you don't seem willing to accept the change that was blindingly necessary.

Sorry mate, I disagree. It's an expression of the positivity felt by the majority under Koeman. We had many many similar things for Martinez in his first season.

But then as the post states, it was grim for the majority of the previous two seasons.

And this:

Dave that is not good enough for EFC. I know you cannot possibly conclude that it is.

To contrast, we've won our last six at home I think?
FFS accidentally downvoted that. lol Sorry Grouch!

Good article @Tom Ferguson .

To everyone: we'll celebrate when we win something, yes, so let's wait for that. In the mean time let's be glad we have actual stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.