SIlverware - How important is it to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is currently stagnate in my view.

In years to come, when we are close to death in a care home suffering with dementia i don't want to say " Back in the day, i remember Everton finishing. 6th " its a rather crap story and memory.

It would not compare to a FA Cup win at all.
FA cup or 4th place?

I said I didn't want to be a glory hunter, and I'm clearly not - supported the Blue Boys for half a decade now. Longer than I ever supported any of the other teams

Ha ha!!!! Good supporter you, clearly time for a change - who's it to be next? Either of the Manchester teams, Chelsea, Arsenal or let me guess that lot across Stanley Park, or have you done them all previously?

95 is like a distant memory, like your first car, or your first 20p under the pillow. I've had years of hurt and heart ache at the hands of Everton FC. But do I love the club any less? No, if anything I love it more and more! Sure we have not had the walk up the steps for a while but I still remember the fastest FA cup goal in history, big Dunc throwing Ince to the floor like a wet rag and AJ head erring Reina into the net.football is pain and Love all rolled into one, it's the purest love ever, couples marry and divorce but you'd never change your team like that, it's more than a religion it's how we were born and I worship at its alter every week end.
Is silver ware important to me? Sure, but it's not just about trophies is it?

I said I didn't want to be a glory hunter, and I'm clearly not - supported the Blue Boys for half a decade now. Longer than I ever supported any of the other teams

aaa.jpg

The implications of finishing in the bottom half wouldn't be worth it players wanting to leave and being branded a mid table club taking years to remove the label, 4th provides far more commercial oppurtunities, more fans, far more money and the ability to purchase squad depth, this would be more beneficial in the future and allow more chances at cup runs. it's a vicious cycle

Fair point! We wouldn't have finished in the bottom half though.

Think we were guaranteed 8th when we played Arsenal in the FA Cup, probably would have still comfortably finished 5th/6th.

Get what you're saying though!!

Don't waste your money lid

You are the definition of a Bitter Blue. I feel we are all frustrated and a little bitter inside but your negativity is from a different world.
We all come on here to get a buzz about all things Blue then you pop up and depress the lot of us. Leave the bitterness to appropriate times such as a bad loss or selling our best player for peanuts. Most of us need a fix of blue positivity and that's mainly why we come on here. Why don't you try and join in now and then...........I can positively tell you that you will feel so much better. Quell the anger and feel the love.

You are the definition of a Bitter Blue. I feel we are all frustrated and a little bitter inside but your negativity is from a different world.
We all come on here to get a buzz about all things Blue then you pop up and depress the lot of us. Leave the bitterness to appropriate times such as a bad loss or selling our best player for peanuts. Most of us need a fix of blue positivity and that's mainly why we come on here. Why don't you try and join in now and then...........I can positively tell you that you will feel so much better. Quell the anger and feel the love.
Mate, there are people who genuinely believe we can win the Europa League...

Cup all day, if you dont believe that ask an Arsenal fan if winning the cup last year meant more than all the 4th place failure seasons they have had for years.
If Arsenal had finished 5th while winning the cup last season they wouldn't be in posession of a shiny new Alexis Sanchez right now

Status
Not open for further replies.