Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
No team has a right to beat another.

Who said they did you loons. The performances have been shocking is the point. Not only ours but the opponents also yet they have strolled off with the points with little trouble. Opponents who will almost certainly be close to or in the relegation places come the end of the year.

Who said they did you loons. The performances have been shocking is the point. Not only ours but the opponents also yet they have strolled off with the points with little trouble. Opponents who will almost certainly be close to or in the relegation places come the end of the year.

No need to use that sort of language here. Particularly as the comment was aimed at a moderator. If that isn't a banning offence then I don't know what is.

The other possibility is that teams have worked out how to play us to their advantage since the end of last season. There's a pattern of is having plenty of possession, doing little with it and getting turned over on the counter. The best teams are do good at a style of play they are irresistible. Or they find ways to win. We really aren't in with a shout of the former, so Silva needs to get to work tactically.

I just like the anarchy that comes with sacking a manager tbh

The drama that comes with the hapless ssn announcing it, the hapless media speculating which hapless dope the hapless Mr Moshiri is lining up next
4 x hapless’s in one sentence.........Everton that.

I haven’t said we’ve been anything but shocking.

What’s your point?

I'd suggest you be a bit more careful when throwing insults around.

Anyhow, back to Silva, I have said before, we fall apart as soon as we concede. The one recurring factor at the end of the season is that we did not concede in the games against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. We look decent enough week in and week out until we concede, at that point, even if we are 2 goals up, heads drop and panic sets in.

We have far too few leaders in the squad and a manager who, it seems, has an inability to instill a bit of fight and resilience in his players. Would another manager do better with these players? I would think yes, but, unless Marco takes us into a relegation battle I think we are stuck with him until we see where we are going as regards Bradley Moore. If this all comes off we would be far more able to attract a top quality manager. If we bin Silva now, and I agree he needs binning, then we will probably replace him with another candidate of the same caliber, or, an untried coach such as Arteta.

He will need to get some wins asap and sort out our away form or he out the door. DLC will cost him his job if he insists on starting him as the lone striker most games.

Brands must also take blame for not getting us a proper striker and cover at the back.

Another wasted season.

Does he have better players to get a tune out of than?:

Bournemouth?
Aston villa?
Crystal palace?
Sheffield United?

How many players apart from Zaha out of that lot of 50 odd first teamers gets in our starting 11? Not many and this hopeless fraud can’t get wins...

2 points above Newcastle.
Just needs another year after this. Hel get there..

Silva is a good manager. His tactics are sound.

The footballers are working hard. The squad as a whole is playing good football.

Real Issues:

1. Andre Gomes and Jean Phillipe Gbamin are crucially important to our squad, both are injured, and their replacements are championship quality.

2. We desperately need a quality starting CB. Preferably left footed. This was known all summer.

3. Richarlison must stop the poor decision making and needless turnovers; understanding, he is young and this will improve with time. Additionally this improves when he plays on the left.

4. Despite being one of the greatest shot stoppers I have ever seen; Pickford has a mistake in him. He must improve or be replaced. We must purchase legitimate competition in any scenario.

5. Currently Siggurdson and Coleman are good enough for 7th - 10th. At their age they will not improve. Replacements will be needed to finish top 6.

"Sack Silva Risk Assessment":

Time it takes new regime to come good + potential for another "Koeman/Allardyce/Martinez" situation

VS

Giving Silva time to correct the 5 issues above.

Summary:

We are all entitled to have opinions and the ability to express them. With that said; I genuinely question the intelligence and/or judgement of those arriving at a "Sack Silva" decision. Be better fans. Truly understand the real issues at hand. Support our manager. Support the hard working players.

Everton lost the top 6 possibility when we failed to sign a CB this summer.

Everton lost "best of the rest" with the Gbamin injury.

Everton will struggle to find points this holiday season.

Everton will be excellent in the new year, so long as Silva remains manager.

Expect 8th - 11th.

With the 5 issues above resolved, and no major injuries perhaps next year we'll challenge for top 6.

"Sack Silva" talk is idiotic and distasteful from a club that deserves better from its fans. Frankly I am embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.