Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe all the deals will only go though in the last day of the window. Those clubs aren't selling cheap for the time being while Everton will not pay the extra bit. Bids are only in on 30 of January, probably.

I'm sure I will be in a minority, but I reckon that in a world cup year the January window is no worse value than the summer. Most players refuse to deal until after the world cup when fees are artificially inflated as the world cup acts like an international trade fair for players and their agents/

I'm sure I will be in a minority, but I reckon that in a world cup year the January window is no worse value than the summer. Most players refuse to deal until after the world cup when fees are artificially inflated as the world cup acts like an international trade fair for players and their agents/

The transfer window is like that scene out of Anchorman one, when all the newsreaders meet up to have a fight. They look at each other, say a few words and wait to strike.

January 30th will be when the fighting starts and its goes crazy.

In the meantime, everyone will be getting tense on here and angry. Lids will be arguing over the silliest things. Be prepared people, a storm is coming.

Maybe all the deals will only go though in the last day of the window. Those clubs aren't selling cheap for the time being while Everton will not pay the extra bit. Bids are only in on 30 of January, probably.

How would you feel if we signed a player and then Ramadan dictated that the new player couldn't play for 6 weeks? After all, there's no telling when Ramadan could be called.

All the talk of Mirralles being the main striker is all well and good in an attacking sense but we are not a big team and you can see how many headers Lukaku gets when defending corners and free kicks so that is another reason as to why maybe looking at the likes of Jones (but I hope not)

All the talk of Mirralles being the main striker is all well and good in an attacking sense but we are not a big team and you can see how many headers Lukaku gets when defending corners and free kicks so that is another reason as to why maybe looking at the likes of Jones (but I hope not)

At times Jelavic was our best defender at set pieces!

Hahaha, that picture on the "Silly Season" article on the homepage sums the transfer window up perfectly.

I went through a wide range of emotions when I saw it this morning, fear, anxiety, briefly happiness, bewilderment. I can't bring myself to look at the homepage anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.