Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think that Justin Rhodes would be worth a look ?

For the price they would want it isn't worth the risk. They bought him for 8 so we would be looking at 10+ for a striker who turns like a cruise ship.

If we are taking punts on the championship then Danny Ings should be the one as I've said a few times before. Charlie Austin was probably worth a punt last year and I'm still unsure why for 4 million we didn't take a punt on Gary Hooper. Any of these three as the back up striker for likely 5mil and under would be/have been smart business IMO.

For the price they would want it isn't worth the risk. They bought him for 8 so we would be looking at 10+ for a striker who turns like a cruise ship.

If we are taking punts on the championship then Danny Ings should be the one as I've said a few times before. Charlie Austin was probably worth a punt last year and I'm still unsure why for 4 million we didn't take a punt on Gary Hooper. Any of these three as the back up striker for likely 5mil and under would be/have been smart business IMO.

I think they are all rubbish and shouldn't be anywhere near our team.In my opinion there's no one in this country I really want and would like to think our scouts could find better players/value abroad.

Hooper would have been great. Would thrive in a team like this that creates chances. Norwich was such a crap move for him IMO. I like the look of Danny Ings though

I've heard that this lad isn't all that, we're all a bit hyped up because he's Belgian and only 20, but apparently the general view from Roberto (Greg OK said this) is that he'll be a decent player, but not good enough for a top 4/5 team like us in the PL.

right, so o'keeffe says Martinez thinks he'll be decent but not good enough for top 4, 5 sides?!

so wat the fcuk are we interested in the likes of oriol reira and ken jones?!

Status
Not open for further replies.