who was better for the everton??

• osman

Votes: 193 92.3%
  • sigurdsson

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please enlighten me as to the Osman hate in here. Comments such as grass and kopite being spouted? What's that all about?

For me Osman was a great player for us. Very consistent and a big part of what was our best side we had in the last 30 years in the era around 2009.

Sigurdsson on the other hand just has been a part of another failing Everton side and unfortunately doesn't have the mobility or seemingly the attitude to be anything other than a mid table type player.

So osman is the clearly the winner between these two but less of the hate for a proper player who gave his all for Everton wouldn't be amiss here.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the Osman hate in here. Comments such as grass and kopite being spouted? What's that all about?

For me Osman was a great player for us. Very consistent and a big part of what was our best side we had in the last 30 years in the era around 2009.

Sigurdsson on the other hand just has been a part of another failing Everton side and unfortunately doesn't have the mobility or seemingly the attitude to be anything other than a mid table type player.

So osman is the clearly the winner between these two but less of the hate for a proper player who gave his all for Everton wouldn't be amiss here.
Can we have an answer to this question please.

Osman was never burdened by a huge transfer fee and given how long he played for us he is bound to have a bigger highlight reel.

Hardly someone you would want beside you in the trenches like.

Osman. Quick feet, curled the ball into the net on many occasion and contributed to the team. Siggy has only scored the odd belter now and again, doesn't offer much to the team dynamic. Also, Osman was used a lot on the right wing playing out of position.

Debate should be Siggy or Linderoth, which Scandanavian do you dislike the least.

Limpar

Inappropriate Language
Osman. He actually gave a shid. I think he was a scapegoat far too often looking back - I'd say the whole team suffered whenever Arteta was not 100%, not just Ossie. Maybe it affected him more because it meant more (cringe!)

Gylfi just reminds me of "Insta" celebrities, who basically do jackshyt but take pouty photos, yet somehow have 7 yachts and 12 maseratis each. An absolute joke of a captain when given that responsibilty, an insult to Labone, Ratcliffe, Watson, and anyone else who grafted for the armband.

Seriously, the place needs sterilising after his contract runs out. Also, who are the 12 idiots who voted siggy? Are there Norwegians out there who are finally bored of Liverpool not winning the league?

Osman all day.
The best players make other players better - Leon didn't really do that directly because he wasn't a great player, but he did make the team better and help it shape up. Gylfi isn't a great player either but he's a nightmare to fit in - seems to cause every manager some deep structural dilemma that can't be solved without bolloxing up the side.

They both could be supremely aggravating to watch, mind - Gylfi the friendly ghost running through treacle and Leon bossing the middle of the park with the strength and aggression of a high school netballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.