Should we stop spending...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just about sums up Everton in the transfer market. We dither all the time and either a player gets fed up waiting, or our targets get pipped away from us. Why dont we just keep transfer dealings quiet, get them signed and sealed and then make an announcement??

I dont know why we cant sit down with the club and work out a deal, like it sounds like we have done with Sheff Utd. I understand that you must try and get the best price you can, but its stupid. Whoever does our transfer dealings is a complete clown.

Moyes gives the board a list, with names on. Surely it then must be down to the board to go out and get these names. Whatever it takes, back the manager FFS.

Watch out 'Appy 'Arry is about. Well I bet he is watching to jump in.(n)

Osman, why wait flog him now.

I will not be happy till I see the backs of Hibbert and Osman walking away from Goodison and over the horizon never to return . Only then will I feel we are actually serious about breaking into the top four .

Sorry, don't understand why we have to flog Osman and Hibbert? I agree that they are positions that could need strenghtening, but both of them would be more than decent squad players. One of our problems over the past year was our squad depth, and we don't fix that by letting all our squad players leave.

I'm with Dutch there. I don't want Hibbo or Ossie as first choice by any stretch of the imagination but they will have a role to play this season with all the fixtures we'll hopefully have with a decent Europa run. The players always seem to mention Ossie when talking about the team spirit also.

Dont understand the bashing, Hibbo had a great season up to the cup final. Ossie played injured for the majority of the season too and stept up big time in a thread bare squad.

To very usefull players.

Last edited:

Sorry, don't understand why we have to flog Osman and Hibbert? I agree that they are positions that could need strenghtening, but both of them would be more than decent squad players. One of our problems over the past year was our squad depth, and we don't fix that by letting all our squad players leave.

This.

As much as I really think Osman and Hibbert are the weak links, either could be relied on to come into the team and make a decent showing. At times last season they both had good games and for the money we could get for them, I would rather they stuck around.

And this thread title, it suggests that we have started spending, we havent spent a penny and you want us to stop already???????

I dont know why we cant sit down with the club and work out a deal, like it sounds like we have done with Sheff Utd. I understand that you must try and get the best price you can, but its stupid. Whoever does our transfer dealings is a complete clown.

Moyes gives the board a list, with names on. Surely it then must be down to the board to go out and get these names. Whatever it takes, back the manager FFS.

Agreed completely mate.

This.

As much as I really think Osman and Hibbert are the weak links, either could be relied on to come into the team and make a decent showing. At times last season they both had good games and for the money we could get for them, I would rather they stuck around.

And this thread title, it suggests that we have started spending, we havent spent a penny and you want us to stop already???????

It, Nail, On, The, Head are words that spring to mind. Jee Wiz, your on form this morning MG, what have you put in your brekkie? lol

Notice the cunning use of ... and starting the post "after signing Naughton", c'mon Goat :)

I'm actually surprised no-one jumped on the Naughton bit or have folk realised my optimism can't be dented.

It, Nail, On, The, Head are words that spring to mind. Jee Wiz, your on form this morning MG, what have you put in your brekkie? lol

Havent had mine yet!! Can smell the bacon, my missus is making the kids before mine, so I have to wait while she makes 2 bacon buttys and then a sausage 1, then I finally get mine! FUMING!

Notice the cunning use of ... and starting the post "after signing Naughton", c'mon Goat :)

I'm actually surprised no-one jumped on the Naughton bit or have folk realised my optimism can't be dented.

Im allowing that, for now. Hopefully we can get the lid at Finch Farm ASAP and tie him down to a big fat 5 year contract.

Im sure the vultures are circling.

Havent had mine yet!! Can smell the bacon, my missus is making the kids before mine, so I have to wait while she makes 2 bacon buttys and then a sausage 1, then I finally get mine! FUMING!

Im allowing that, for now. Hopefully we can get the lid at Finch Farm ASAP and tie him down to a big fat 5 year contract.

Im sure the vultures are circling.

Time for a joint I reckon

That just about sums up Everton in the transfer market. We dither all the time and either a player gets fed up waiting, or our targets get pipped away from us. Why dont we just keep transfer dealings quiet, get them signed and sealed and then make an announcement??.

Well tbf, i'm sure the selling club don't want to get it wrapped up quick as possible if they think that someone else might come in with a late, higher bid. We're not the only people trying to get the best deal remember, and if they can make an extra mil waiting a few days for eg spurs/villa to come in then i'm sure they'll do all they can within reason to do so,

Well the deal with Sheff Utd is done, it's just the player now. If he's not in the country then there's not much we can do til he gets back, aside from send people out to there. I'm sure Moyes would want to speak to the lad, and i'm also sure he's not gonna sod of in the middle of preseason and interupt all the work they're doing with the players we actually own already.

No.

If we sign Naughton we should try and hammer out the rest of the squad asap and not wait until January for a couple of reasons.

1. If they come in now we have a full squad for the whole season when the majority of the european games are.

2. The players will have time to mesh together, if they come in in January most players will take a while before adapting to our type of play.

3. Most players are more expensive in January since the clubs have a shorter time to find replacements if a player is sold.

4. We can now guarantee european competition as an attraction. If we wait, there is the slight possibility that we didn't reach the groupstage (or loosing the first groupgames) and then we won't be able to offer attractive european competition for our new players.

5. We can then spend the january window to chase any eventual player we need to cover injuries and so on, instead of having to chase different types of players just to get our numbers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.