Should we go for Silva?

Should we go for Silva?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why it should “piss you off” when people point out the facts of his latter days at Hull.

If indeed a miracle was needed to save Hull he had worked it then turned right round and undid it.

Having done well in the “new manager bounce” period when he got them into a safe position Hull totally imploded.

They took four points from the last 21 available.

They were in 16th or 17th place with three games to go and proceeded to lose all three.

The first of which was home to already relegated Sunderland where a win would almost certainly have kept them up as they would have moved four points clear of Swansea who were playing us later that day and whom were given a tremendous boost by the news from Hull.

And check the Watford results this season....they were already starting to slide before we expressed interest in him.

One win in four or sommat before they came to us.....and the match before they played us was a home defeat to Stoke City.

The man has been a total failure since he came to England.

There is nowt in his CV to suggest he is the man to sort EFC out.

Moshiri totally dodged a bullet when Watford knocked us back IMO.

Not saying I want him I'm just pointing out it's hardly a failure to get relegated with Hull.

Took over and hull were 3 points in to relegation, season ended and they were 6 points in to relegation.

Also nope. 21 points in 18 games gives him 1.66ppg and 14th as he'd be joint 12th but never beating anyone on goal difference.
Also this was with 3 games to go
View attachment 43647
He then managed to lose 3 on the bounce, scoring once and conceding THIRTEEN. They played Palace, Sunderland and Spurs.

Allardyce is not the answer but this guy is just as far from it too.

I don’t know why it should “piss you off” when people point out the facts of his latter days at Hull.

If indeed a miracle was needed to save Hull he had worked it then turned right round and undid it.

Having done well in the “new manager bounce” period when he got them into a safe position Hull totally imploded.

They took four points from the last 21 available.

They were in 16th or 17th place with three games to go and proceeded to lose all three.

The first of which was home to already relegated Sunderland where a win would almost certainly have kept them up as they would have moved four points clear of Swansea who were playing us later that day and whom were given a tremendous boost by the news from Hull.

And check the Watford results this season....they were already starting to slide before we expressed interest in him.

One win in four or sommat before they came to us.....and the match before they played us was a home defeat to Stoke City.

The man has been a total failure since he came to England.

There is nowt in his CV to suggest he is the man to sort EFC out.

Moshiri totally dodged a bullet when Watford knocked us back IMO.

Nice that someone has actually put forward a decent argument against for once! As opposed to just looking at the fact they got relegated and making up their mind based solely off of that. ;)

For the love of god no! Why cant some of you see that Silva is yet another flavour of mouth manager who has achieved absolutely nothing of significance and would be another disastrous appointment for us. Half of you only want him because your so blinded by hatred for Allardyce that you cant see that its better to be stuck with BFS till the end of the season then with Silva for a couple of years. Our next manager has to be the right choice and a competent manager that can unite out fanbase. If any of you seriously think that this clown Silva, who is nothing more then a very poor man's Martinez is the answer then you need to head testing!

Yes. If he's available in the summer and we dont dump this divvy Allardyce for Silva that's exactly what it would suggest.

Personally I think whilst he is still available, if BFS doesn't start producing results then there is always the possibility that he will be fired and Silva brought in. Wonder if Moshiri might make a pre-contract agreement with him, in case we stay clear of relegation the rest of the season, but don't improve enough to stay where we are/move up a place or two?

never mind this Allardyce rumour, whats this one doing the rounds about Kenwright doing one in March?

What rumour is this?? :eek:

Would give De Boer a shout honestly. Bad for what five games in England, but brilliant for Ajax. Lucien Favre with money would be fantastic as well.

Obviosuly top choice is Simeone.

Would give De Boer a shout honestly. Bad for what five games in England, but brilliant for Ajax. Lucien Favre with money would be fantastic as well.

I still hate the fact we left Favre waiting after sacking Martinez.... absolute bunch of amateurs.

But Frank......!?!?!?!?!

a0qam_s-200x150.gif

Nice that someone has actually put forward a decent argument against for once! As opposed to just looking at the fact they got relegated and making up their mind based solely off of that. ;)
Regarding the Kenwright rumour, I myself saw it in one of the threads on Monday, someone saying he was packing it in come March.
Haven't so much as heard a murmur on the subject since, so will shunt that one into the sidings.
As if!

Personally I think whilst he is still available, if BFS doesn't start producing results then there is always the possibility that he will be fired and Silva brought in. Wonder if Moshiri might make a pre-contract agreement with him, in case we stay clear of relegation the rest of the season, but don't improve enough to stay where we are/move up a place or two?

What rumour is this?? :eek:

I still hate the fact we left Favre waiting after sacking Martinez.... absolute bunch of amateurs.
Yep, was totally on Team Favre. Liked the way his teams set up in Germany. He is a bit older now tho, 64 I think? We need a longer term manager.

If we sold every player we have bar Pickford and then replaced them with a bunch of Brazilians or players with a lot of technical ability our Portugese Prince Paulo would be great for us.

But Frank......!?!?!?!?!

a0qam_s-200x150.gif

Don't know what happened at Palace. He's a good young manager. A winner. And quite open to the media, and charismatic. Ajax in the CL under him played electrifying football. Werent too bad in the EL- although winning against money clothed United was always too big of a task to ask.

A top CL team or Everton.You can imagine the sleepless nights that choice would give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.