Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair mate its a forum, mass discussion is a good thing.

Good pointlol.

I just feel like people are getting way too worked up for something which isn’t even confirmed as happening.

Like I said originally, we literally taunted them with “you lost the league at Goodison Park” this time last year. In fact, that message still gets put forward to this day. Any success they have we just have to take it on the chin if we want to revel in their failures to such an extent. That’s genuinely always been my feeling as a football fan. Again, if you can’t take it don’t dish it out.

At the end of the day it’s taken thirty years and the introduction of VAR for them to finally win the league again. Our players potentially clapping them onto the pitch is really a tiny issue. The fans can either boo them or chant loudly for our own team whilst it’s going on. It’s not the law that everyone in the stadium has to clap and wave a red scarf in the air. The idea that we’d be kowtowing to them if our players give them a half hearted clap is laughable and overly dramatic.

Also what actually sends a stronger message, a guard of honour going on without incident (emphasising our fans class over their lack of) or a bunch of fans frothing at the mouths like rabid dogs?

Also what actually sends a stronger message, a guard of honour going on without incident (emphasising our fans class over their lack of) or a bunch of fans frothing at the mouths like rabid dogs?

The latter hasn't done us many favours in recent years, to be fair.

We might give them the GOH and beat them, taking their unbeaten record. Might be worth doing one for all future derbies, in that case lol

Its just so silly. It really is. Does anyone on here seriously think that Klopp or his players will give a dam one way or the other? Of course they don't ffs. So Everton football don't really want to do it and Liverpool football probably don't care one way or the other, Righty-ho, so who exactly is this nonsense for then? Who benefits by it?

Oh its for the tv people so they can mentality masturbate over the drama while pretending that it's some sort of sacred tradition as opposed to the laughable farce that it is. Kin' hell, these morons are determined to ruin this sport.......

giphy.gif

I dont know what is more alarming, the fact that this thread even exists on an Everton fan forum or that 73 people people have actually voted yes to a guard of honour.

I cannot imagine any scenario where i would ever want the RS to win anything whatsoever and it will be like that till my time is up regardless of having loads of RS mates.

4054de50763c8bd03b3d3360d0190d83.jpg

Last edited:
They can have guards of honour dont care about that at all.Just pray that we give them a good hiding.We are capable of doing that,please GOD.

I don't care about Liverpool any more than Burnley, Villa, Man Utd or anybody else. If it's protocol to give a guard of honour then no reason why we shouldn't.

No. For years now we've been the polite club. The club that "brings a knife to a gun fight." The club that "punches above its weight." "Plucky Everton." The club that has been collectively patted on the head like the little brother that tries its best but always comes up short.

It's the perfect time to start changing the narrative. We've got a world class manager. We've got a world class stadium on the way. It's time to establish a new identity where we don't bow our heads to the media darlings. I don't care if it makes us look petty in the short term. We need to stop being so damn nice and accommodating to our rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.