Should Phil Neville be anywhere near our first team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nev's played pretty well this season. I'd have him in over Hitz any day. But really, I would prefer to see Felli back in the deep role and Vic given his chance to play with Jelavic

Felli has never played in Nev's role. Never. He can't do it.

The two roles he has played is the osman role alongside a neville type and in his current role. I wouldn't disagree that it might be worthwhile moving him back to the former but that's not a replacement for neville.

It is pointless because we've only lost 4 games out of 25 this season including the cups. It's not a good statistic to use.
The difference in games lost with Neville in midfield and without Neville are barely even one standard deviation apart.

So we've lost something like 4 out of 15 when he hasn't been centre mid compared to something like 0 of 10? (i'm not sure of the actual numbers) I'd say that's quite a difference!

but you cant compare games in which he plays to games in which he doesnt because you are playing against different teams and different in different conditions
How can you compare chelsea at home to wigan away ?

Results can come down to a linesman's decision, a width of a post - they are most certainly not down to the fact that Neville is in the team

Yes he has and yes he can, and then some... But I can't be arsed discussing it again. People rewrite history with Fellaini bexause he has played up top for a year...

I've said this a million times but even when he played alongside Arteta or Osman he has never been the deepest lying midfielder.

He's been the destructive one but not the holding one. Not in a single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.