Should Hibbert be 2nd choice Right Back?

Should Hibbert be 2nd choice Right Back?

• YES

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • NO

Votes: 165 77.8%
  • Cheese on Toast will sort it out

Votes: 20 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibbert should no longer be a choice
Having now seen Hibbert play, I agree completely. I cannot understand why so many GOT members hold him in such reverence. Apropos of personal professional concerns, I lost touch with EFC's immediate endeavours for about a decade. Coming back (about 2 years ago), into the passionate fold, I heard SO much about Tony Hibbert. I thought he was like/supposed to be a world class player/EFC legend. Can anyone who rated him world class, please explain to me why they felt this?

Hibbert does not have the technicality, physical strengths nor sharpness to merit being anywhere near our first team any more. That is clear as day to me. I think Browning would do a better job as 2nd choice.

For me it should be between stones, oviedo and browning as back up to coleman this season, at least til we can afford a decent replacment

[QUOTE="Blue Cheese, post: 2922138, member: 17081"]Sadly no, time to hang up the boots Tony lad. Possibly a defensive coaching role.[/QUOTE]

Heaven help us

What I have found hard to reconcile is the adoration/cult symbolism attached to Hibbo, compared to his actual ability (which I have now seen). Can all the people on GOT who have put Hibbert on a pedestal, please explain to me why such adoration presides.

They enjoy failure and don't want to win. Explains similar support for Osman and Kenwright.

After some pretty bad injuries and a long injury lay off in 2013/2014 season

The Celta Vigo pre-season performance where his opponent scored a first half hatrick.

Where he looked well off the pace and no where near his man he is marking.

tony-hibbert-everton-blackburn-rovers_2997695.jpg

• Is Hibbert the right choice for second choice right back?
  • If not who is?

April fools is long gone la.

Status
Not open for further replies.