Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him a run-out, why not. He was winding me up a bit during the season but anything between him and the manager isn't really our business and he's clearly been punished enough for it. He's been a good player, an absolute transfer masterstroke by Moyes and it wouldn't hurt to give him a bit of recognition.

The lap of appreciation is more about the fans and so it should be, so I don't see why making that about Distin in any way is the solution here.

When talking about Distin's errors there is the match we drew with United 3-3 when Cahill and Arteta scored late on and Distin was culpable for all 3 of Uniteds goals. I also worry how sharp he'll be given he's only played a couple of u21 games since January. I think he should just do the lap.

From what Martinez said I think he's looking to see if the game is settled and he has a sub left then Distin will make a final minute appearance. He knows he'll be useless so he'll probably bring him on for Barry as a like for like swap.

No he should not be given a farewell. He should be given 6 pints of milk and told to get his bloody round finished.

I like/liked him but at the end of the day it isnt as though he has spent his life playing at Goodison,are we going to do this
for every player when its time to leave,theres a lap of the pitch at the end of the game he will get applauded end of

Of course he deserves a run out against Spurs up until this season he has been out first choice cb with jags since he got here, be disgraceful if he doesn't get a chance to say goodbye to the fans and the fans to say goodbye to him

Status
Not open for further replies.