Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not got over his brain farts in the semi final and v Sporting Lisbon. The first especially. Lisbon was a bad pass by Rodwell and then just sheer stupidity by Distin to bring him down for red. The semi final though, as bad as we played we were just breaking the Liverpool storm and imagine how mentally important that win would have been even if we'd lost the final. Idiotic Distin though couldn't resist one big choke though could he and in that one moment he solidified our choker mentality for another good few years. That moment every player and fan knew we'd never best Liverpool, we'd never win a trophy and we'd never perform in a big game. All have been proven to be true since then. I'd even say that experience screwed us for the Wigan QF and Liverpool at home last season.

One of the most mentally weak players I've seen who slotted in perfectly with the rest of the big game chokers back line with Baines Jags and Howard. They'd look imperious against the bottom 13 in the league, but a poor Spurs or wretched Liverpool even at home? They were all over the show like a circus act beaten in their own minds before they even got on the pitch. Distin's pace got him out of a lot of trouble but positionally he was very poor which is why long balls or long diagonals seemed to be kryptonite to the Jagielka Distin partnership.

I still maintain we would have made fourth in Moyes's last season had Jagielka partnered someone else. We got in front in games so many times only for this comedy partnership to throw it away. Newcastle at home sticks out more than anything else.

Decent player but nowhere near as good as Lescott and Stones is already at a higher level than Distin was ever at. Polite applause at the end of the lap is all he'll get from me. Not bothered if he plays or not.

martinez flapped it there. From the tiniest bit of media pressure.

Maybe he's being the bigger man?

Or maybe he does think he should get a farewell? It's clear from the above that over 70% of blues on here think he deserves a farewell, so Martinez might too.

Maybe he's being the bigger man?

Or maybe he does think he should get a farewell? It's clear from the above that over 70% of blues on here think he deserves a farewell, so Martinez might too.
Like i said in previous post, he was saying how he wouldn't get game time.

I don't think it's about being a bigger man i just think he's trying to save face in regards to distin coming out to speak against him.

He was saying he wouldn't get any game time tomorrow, only a few weeks ago.

Papers start putting pressure on him regarding the situation and now he's suddenly going to get game time because of it.
Hes not said hes getting game time though, he said he hope he can make an appearance at the weekend , most likely meaning on the lap of honor.

Doubt he risk us not winning just to give his enemy a game

Hes not said hes getting game time though, he said he hope he can make an appearance at the weekend , most likely meaning on the lap of honor.

Doubt he risk us not winning just to give his enemy a game
He said if he is declared fit he will get his chance to say farewell.

For me that means getting game time.

He said if he is declared fit he will get his chance to say farewell.

For me that means getting game time.
Think your reading far too much into mate.

Plus in the same sentence hes already getting the excuse in, saying hes been ill when in fact hes been in cannes partying

Think your reading far too much into mate.

Plus in the same sentence hes already getting the excuse in, saying hes been ill when in fact hes been in cannes partying
I guess i could be, but ah well. Not long until we see!

least come the end of the season it's him and alcaraz off the wage bill.

Overall been a very good player for us. If only he didn't pass to Suarez. It completely ruined his legacy at Everton. I'd rate his overall time with us at 7/10. Much better than I thought he'd be, but riddled with costly errors too. Boo the house down lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.