Should Big Dunc stay as interim till summer?

Should we trust him till May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame he's been thrown in to prove his worth for the toughest run of games we've had in recent memory, games this forum wrote us off for. One game gone and Goodison erupted with 3 points in the bag and a humbled Chelsea.

I'd feel sad if he never got the chance to have a go in the return games against the lower sides who bullied us and turned us over with ease earlier in the season. We could all call it clearer and fairer then.

He's certainly the best call this board has ever made for a manager in my opinion.

Shame he's been thrown in to prove his worth for the toughest run of games we've had in recent memory, games this forum wrote us off for. One game gone and Goodison erupted with 3 points in the bag and a humbled Chelsea.

I'd feel sad if he never got the chance to have a go in the return games against the lower sides who bullied us and turned us over with ease earlier in the season. We could all call it clearer and fairer then.

He's certainly the best call this board has ever made for a manager in my opinion.
He needs to go and get managerial experience and then come bk.. he loves Everton to much. Imagine having to sack him

Duncan knows his limitations, and at present that is managing on a interim basis.
my feel is we need to create a dogs of war mentality to get us out of this mess
It may not be the greatest style of football, but it will get us to a safe place...And Duncan is fully ware of that
I just think we should let him carry on until the end of the season, then get a new man in, as far better searching at the end of the season
But let’s keep Duncan close, as he has proved he can motivate and organis

That is a huge risk I agree.

The other risk is he goes somewhere else, sets the world alight and we can't afford to have him back :)
Lol in the CL final just won the league it’s half time...

Phone Ring...

Dunc we need you

Lads I G2g Everton need me

but gaffer its the CL final

Nothing more important then Everton

but gaffer there in the4th devision

Its Everton

Duncan knows his limitations, and at present that is managing on a interim basis.
my feel is we need to create a dogs of war mentality to get us out of this mess
It may not be the greatest style of football, but it will get us to a safe place...And Duncan is fully ware of that
I just think we should let him carry on until the end of the season, then get a new man in, as far better searching at the end of the season
But let’s keep Duncan close, as he has proved he can motivate and organis
22 games is a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time. 7 points off Utd who sit 5th

No, absolutely not.

It would break my heart if it didn't work out and the fans turned on him.

I lack the ability to adequately describe just how delighted I am for him about Saturday, but we can't be gambling that someone who has only ever been a coach (and not always a very involved coach by his own admission) can do this job for another 22 games.

22 games is a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time. 7 points off Utd who sit 5th
Agree
My point is we need to put this type of performance in for the remainder of the season
A new manager will want to put his stamp on how we play. I just think it is easier to do this is in preseason and start a season a fresh with new players
I just think all we will do is get a stop gap manager or a failed one at this moment in time

let’s work with what we have, and regroup at the end of the season

Saturday was great. But playing a 4-4-2 and running around like madmen isn’t really a sustainable model.
We had 3 players go off injured btw.

Going to say this. Dunc has worked his way up, from working for free to get his badges. He has worked as a coach under 6 managers, not to mention for the ones he has played for, including Howard, Big Joe and Sir Bobby Robson.

I'm a Nurse by profession, as part of the job I have to teach student nurses. I tell them to watch all the nurses they work with. Learn from the good things they see and learn from the bad things. Duncan, must of done this over the years. How many players go straight on to management? Duncan has worked his way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.