Should Big Dunc stay as interim till summer?

Should we trust him till May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Everton have a top, proven manager lined up, so, leave Ferguson in charge.

The main aim now is to stay up and I'm confident of that, so there's no need to rush into anything.

Who knows, he could be the man and unless the next month or so is a complete disaster, we will have time to work things through and lessen
the chance of making a poor appointment to the job.

very much agree

I think we need to get a new manager settled in as soon as possible. if we are going foreign again then they may need time to adapt to the speed of the prem and how brutal it can be, also identify which players he wants to stay and sign. he will only see who's on board by managing the squad.

do we want that for the rest of this season or write off another season next year where he has to settle in?

I'd have no issue with Big Dunc getting the job either til the end of the season or even permanently. The kind of passion we saw this weekend you cannot buy. You could bring in some manager from afar with a cool sounding name and badges up to his eyeballs could never get a performance like that. It was true Everton. If Dunc turns out to be weak tactically then bring someone in around him who will help him with that. The managers job should be to gee the team up and get them motivated on matchday and there is no one better than Dunc to do that. There is so many coaches and support staff to do all these different things anyway but leading and motivating is the most important in my opinion.
That wasn’t a true Everton, maybe a Moyes Everton but not a true one.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Everton have a top, proven manager lined up, so, leave Ferguson in charge.

The main aim now is to stay up and I'm confident of that, so there's no need to rush into anything.

Who knows, he could be the man and unless the next month or so is a complete disaster, we will have time to work things through and lessen
the chance of making a poor appointment to the job.
7 points off 5th... beat Utd it’s 4. Why do ppl seem to think there like 6 games left and not 22

That wasn’t a true Everton, maybe a Moyes Everton but not a true one.
Pride, passion, energy! He went out and bought the suit 48hours earlier, not much time to change the fundamentals. You just can not realistically demand more than what we saw on Saturday!

Pride, passion, energy! He went out and bought the suit 48hours earlier, not much time to change the fundamentals. You just can not realistically demand more than what we saw on Saturday!
Apparently Marco didn’t like to shout... Dont think Dunc has the problem

Look as much as I would love ferguson to be our manager , he clearly isn't ready for top flight management

Saturday was an amazing day for the club and for the fans. Ferguson got the win we absolutely needed but can he do it another 22 times? Can he regularly do it every week?

What happens when his tactical limitations show up? Fans would turn on him in an instant. Let's just leave sat as it was and give Ferguson the ambition to learn the tools required to take over in the future.

Look as much as I would love ferguson to be our manager , he clearly isn't ready for top flight management

Saturday was an amazing day for the club and for the fans. Ferguson got the win we absolutely needed but can he do it another 22 times? Can he regularly do it every week?

What happens when his tactical limitations show up? Fans would turn on him in an instant. Let's just leave sat as it was and give Ferguson the ambition to learn the tools required to take over in the future.
How do we know he's tactically limited?.

clearly isn't ready for top flight management

Ferguson got the win we absolutely needed but can he do it another 22 times?

What happens when his tactical limitations show up?
Nobody knows if he is ready or not, clearly is a bit strongly put, yes? "He probably is not ready, at least not experienced" would be closer to the truth.

We need to be fair with him. His first string midfield is out for the foreseeable future. There is not a soul on this planet that could string 22 wins in a row with our current squad.

If it seems he's our trump card I would like to get a football nerd as his second and a proper video team behind him for opponent analysis to give him a fighting chance....

He can stay until we get someone good lined up but not sure if it should be too long. This could all blow up next Sunday and we get battered.

If indeed we get battered come Sunday it still doesnt mean he is automatically spent and a complete disaster way over his head. If we lose but put up a proper fight it still is much better than what was expected a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.