Should Big Dunc stay as interim till summer?

Should we trust him till May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure until the end of the season but we should certainly ride this feel good factor for a few games. Take our time getting the right man. Give Dunc until the Cup Derby. Would love to see him on the touch line there suited up, prowling the technical area alongside the other fella.

He looked exhausted by the end of the game yesterday. We got through it by pure aggression and fight. Will take a bit more than that for long term progress.
I'd like to see an experienced manager come in.

The best thing it does is give the board some breathing room,. We don't have to rush ahead cause if we lost yesterday we would be in serious trouble but we've moved up a couple of places so everyone's not at the panic stations yet thank god.

He won 1 home game, by using the passion the crowd and playing for the badge. Won’t get that at OT next week

Exactly I can’t wait till the United game I feel Ferguson has a lot more to show than just been able to motivate a crowd and team. Let’s see the other strings in his bow.

COYB’S

All of those players pulled their tripes out yesterday pretty much because Dunc asked/told them to, whether they are willing to do that on a regular basis remains to be seen.
Toffee TV reported that from his match notes Dunc talked of passion and pride to wear the shirt, which obviously resonated with the players because even Schneiderlin had a good game. If the players can retain the motivation they displayed yesterday I'd like to see him given a few more games and see how we go.

Everyone knows that Ferguson lives and breathes Everton, and if the team continue to perform like yesterday on a regular basis why would we want to change that?

Why are you writing off 22 games???

let wait till the summer.. we not even half way through the season yet.

Yesterday was amazing but it was built on pure passion, and luck.
chelsea missed a few sitters, the keeper made a huge mistake.
We played well and we played for the shirt but we had 30% possession at home.
It reminded me of a Moyes team where we defended for the entire game and would concede last minute. Luckily Kepa gave us the 3rd
I’m not writing off 22 games, in fact I posted if there is a high quality long-term good calibre appointment that the club are lining up (as we exchange ideas on the forum) then we should go with that because that is the proper business decision and is good for the club into the long term.

However what I have said is that if the club has no plan (or a least a realistic one) and all they are going to do is recruit some half baked has been or a mis-placed nobody who will be simply eaten up by the club as several of the last few managers have been only to be paid off a broken man after 18 months; then we should perhaps wait and so long as we stay clear of any realistic relegation danger may as well stick with Duncan as the board take the necessary considered steps getting the best man in place. I expect that many top top targets who could be realistic may only consider moving in the summer and not mid season for example.

Finally I know you’re right on several aspects of your post and that our performance wasn’t exactly perfect, it’s just as a match going supporter it really was a great feeling at the game and I accept that when it’s been so glum for so long it’s easy to get swept up in that but to be honest that’s what I go the match for; passion, commitment, some escapism and hopefully a win!

From this it sounds like maybe he had today only hence him going to absolute town. Players knew it too and delivered huge energy to make it a success. We

This. Also explains why he was so emotional, got to be Everton manager for the day.
Bill'll Fix It.

I'd have no issue with Big Dunc getting the job either til the end of the season or even permanently. The kind of passion we saw this weekend you cannot buy. You could bring in some manager from afar with a cool sounding name and badges up to his eyeballs could never get a performance like that. It was true Everton. If Dunc turns out to be weak tactically then bring someone in around him who will help him with that. The managers job should be to gee the team up and get them motivated on matchday and there is no one better than Dunc to do that. There is so many coaches and support staff to do all these different things anyway but leading and motivating is the most important in my opinion.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Everton have a top, proven manager lined up, so, leave Ferguson in charge.

The main aim now is to stay up and I'm confident of that, so there's no need to rush into anything.

Who knows, he could be the man and unless the next month or so is a complete disaster, we will have time to work things through and lessen
the chance of making a poor appointment to the job.

Completely depends on what the options are. The next appointment absolutely has to be right.

If we can get a Benitez, Ancelotti stature of Manager in now, then we should go for it.

If the club is able to tie up a deal for the likes of that Marco Rose or Ten Hag for next season, then why not.

If the alternative is Moyes, he must stay for as long as it takes to get a top class manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.