Should Big Dunc stay as interim till summer?

Should we trust him till May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think he could stay in charge for the rest of the season, he doesn’t have a full license I don’t think. 12 games max, I heard.

No we need a top manager in.

What I will say however is that I would give him the Utd game and not rush the appointment.

Let the new man come in first game at Goodison under the floodlights against a weak minded Arsenal side.

I have not seen teamwork harder all season in a single game credit to every player involved, they sweated blood out there.

That will catch up on players if they had to do that all the time, I think let him have the Christmas period and then maybe appoint a fresh proven manager, while keeping Dunc at the club.

The danger with appointing a club legend is what if comes to the point you sack him at some point, then bitterness would ensure. Better to keep him around the club in some role, maybe on the coaching team Brian Kid style so he is secure in his job.

Its something that needs to be considered - how he was at the press conference yesterday and how he was today was like nothing I've ever seen.

Having someone that invested in something is great when its going well, but it takes a massive amount out of them even then.

nowt wrong with a bit of heart-on-sleeve...it reignites passions among the players and the fanbase, especially in this age of megamoney mercenarism.

Status
Not open for further replies.