Should Alcaraz get a farewell?

Alcaraz farewell poll

• Yes - I will miss his rugged Latino sex

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • No - he's just been misunderstood

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Pointless really as he's obviously going to get a one year extension as he's best buds with the boss

Votes: 54 32.7%
  • Escape from Alcaraz on toast

Votes: 67 40.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel vindicated in my slagging off of Alcaraz when he originally got linked to us.

Technically a good footballer, but can't defend for toffee.

Honestly, I think he's a better player than he's showed at Everton.

He's had some games where he's been really good. He's excellent on the ball and good in the air, too. I think the problem is that he's painfully slow, and Martinez has done him no favours playing him in games where we've kept a maniacally high line. Additionally, his constant injuries haven't helped; centre backs need a run of games and he's only had fleeting appearances.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's good enough for us and I hope he moves on this summer, but I also think he's more of a joke amongst the fans than he deserves to be. He seems a nice sort, clearly has ability, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

He is one of Everton's worst ever signings! I hate the way the hype machine went into overdrive just because he wasn't absolutely wank against crap opposition for a few games last season. There are probably a few people who will still argue that he is a decent player off the back of that not remotely impressive run of games last season.

1373442648-alcaraz1.jpg

HATERS GONNA HATE

Better than he's shown. At times he kept Wigan up. A season playing every game in a deep defence with a good keeper behind him he'd be a very decent centreback. Playing in Martinez's absurd formations, perennially half injured, with the worst keeper in the prem behind you and the worst holding mid in the prem in front of you can make anyone look bad.

Better than he's shown. At times he kept Wigan up. A season playing every game in a deep defence with a good keeper behind him he'd be a very decent centreback. Playing in Martinez's absurd formations, perennially half injured, with the worst keeper in the prem behind you and the worst holding mid in the prem in front of you can make anyone look bad.

That is key to Alcaraz and unfortunately makes him of very limited use for us. There are games for us where he has been excellent when we play a deep defence, but in games like Kiev when you are playing a high line with a keeper that isn't a sweeper, then playing him is suicide...

Yes, we should fire him out a ceremonial cannon towards the nearest non-league club.

Fired out of a cannon?? They only do that to clowns don't they..

Worst attempt at WUMing I've seen on here for a while.

Sticking up for Alcaraz but calling Howard the worst keeper and Barry the worst holding player in the league. 1/10 for typing it but really that's just for the effort it took.

Status
Not open for further replies.