Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been the case in recent seasons, we've given up points to some of the worst teams in the league, so hopefully, as has been the case in recent seasons, we'll pick up some surprising points (and wins) against much better teams.

We've got time.

The whole spine is class.

Pickford
Branthwaite
Onana
Beto

Absolutely top quality every single game.
Onana has to get much better at defending (doesn't seem to have a clue how much he opens up the space behind him, he plays like he has the responsibility of a 10 at times...still young, lots of room for improvement; reminds me a bit of the problems Gravenbach has)

The goal and the assist weren't negatives.
Assist doesn't cancel out the 2 goals conceded, poor decisions, positioning and passing Patterson contributed (Tarks has two positions to play with Patterson there)
Danjuma had any sense and we're 2 nil up and bagging 3 points, didn't do much other than slot a goal on a platter.

Decent performance and an entertaining game of football. Happy to see us finally scoring and 1 point on the board; it feels like two points dropped but I’m satisfied with the progress being made.

Beto is class by the way!

Onana has to get much better at defending (doesn't seem to have a clue how much he opens up the space behind him, he plays like he has the responsibility of a 10 at times...still young, lots of room for improvement; reminds me a bit of the problems Gravenbach has)

Theyre definitely similar in the sense both can play DM, CM, ACM.

For me, both are DMs and need to sit as anchors in midfield. Then they can see the game in front of them.

For the 1st time this season, 2nd half our actual DM (Gana) went much deeper which gave Onana some comfort to roam around.

Just weird to me why we dont use him in his actual position.

I know Dyche mentioned the refs there but would love him to have been a bit stronger in calling them out, take the fine (appreciate that’s easy for me to say) but really call them out and shine a bit of a spotlight on them, fed up of us getting done over
No chance; he knows he is S so will take every cent he can get from us...

I was hoping with the end of the women's World Cup we had heard the last of dreadful commentaries. Not so. Watching the recording with the sound off. In particular the woman who never shuts up and jabbers away with a load of drivel.

Just wth was that when he redrew the foam line to where Sheffield's players had crept forward to?
Attacking players are not allowed to stand within one metre of the wall. The second line was for us, not them.

Of course, the correct thing to do would be to tell the utd players to go behind the line or book them.

Although the even more correct thing to do would have been to give us a penalty - the initial contact may have been outside the box, but the contact which impeded him was inside

Status
Not open for further replies.