Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The refereeing (and var) today was beyond shambolic, these egotistical bells need binning to a man. I particularly liked the first half free kick where the Sheffield Utd line had all encroached towards the ball and were clearly in front of the line the ref sprayed, so in order to rectify this he sprayed another line in front of where they were now all stood.
A point is better than nothing, we will get better with McNeil and Harrison coming in but to only name 7 subs with 2 goalkeepers the day after the transfer window closed tells me this manager will have to earn his wages to keep the team up this season as he isn’t going to be helped by the 2 frauds in charge.

Well glad the ref didnt stop play to give a yellow. Played on and we got a goal. Not sure what you would want here. Give 2 retrospective yellows after the goal....never going to happen. Agree though that the doucoure Yellow was total dross!!
At least one...they were very aggressive and got away with it for me. This type of referring played perfectly in their hands.and the way they play at home.

Onana MoM for me, none of them covered themselves in glory particularly, but felt he probably performed at the highest level of the lot of them.
Could have been Pickford but I have reservations about the strength of his wrists for their first and the goal line scramble at the death might also have been a bit self inflicted for the same reason.
Wasn’t a great attempt to block the cross for their first goal.
Need to fight for everything.

Poor referee and VAR shocking. Promising signs though. Beto looks a player and Danjuma will get better as his fitness improves. Really happy with Branthwaite. Thought Gana did ok - but Onana needs to be more involved. 2 points dropped for me.

Am I being simple here, but I am sure the second line is the 1 metre away from wall that our players had to be - ref even pointed at the Everton player to make that point?
Honestly I kinda/sorta wanted the Sheff Utd players to step over the 2nd line just to see what happened.

At least one...they were very aggressive and got away with it for me. This type of referring played perfectly in their hands.and the way they play at home.
We used to be aggressive and we loved it! I like the refs letting stuff go if both teams are at it. Didnt see anything over the top today. Fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.