Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching an ancient Billy Connolly video, and he mentioned Partick Thistle's full title of 'Partick Thistle Nil'. For want of a better thread to mention this on, I was wondering (yesterday's result nonwithstanding), whether we're now the Premiership version of the Jags.

Well it was baffling to to our bench and players, also the opposition who seem to think it was for them and moved further forward.
We’ll refer to your interpretation in future though Dermot, being as you have such clarity on these matters.
Look forward to next time two lines are drawn for a free kick, incidentally can you reference another time that has been done given how much of a normal practice it is?
To be fair, I did see the ref marking a second line a few times last season, usually at the side of the wall to stop attackers joining it, and usually smaller than the one he did on Saturday.

Doesn't negate the fact that the ref lost control of the situation - he marked the line, they refused to move behind it so he should have threatened a yellow card to each of them.

Couldn't watch the game but saw highlights of the goals.

What's the general feeling now then? on the face of it, we're a team that's generally performing better than the first 4 results suggest.

Anyone reckon we'll actually be alright?
Agree. Had it not been for that absolutely spawny 2nd goal of theirs in added time in the first half (the ball could have gone anywhere but Pickford's back, but no, straight onto his back and in, FFS!), we would have won the game. I saw enough to suggest that with the full return of the injured (McNeil and Harrison), and the bedding-in of Beto and Danjuma, we'll get enough points to see us clear of relegation. All those critics of Dyche need to see that he is gradually improving on what he inherited last season.

To be fair, I did see the ref marking a second line a few times last season, usually at the side of the wall to stop attackers joining it, and usually smaller than the one he did on Saturday.

Doesn't negate the fact that the ref lost control of the situation - he marked the line, they refused to move behind it so he should have threatened a yellow card to each of them.

That is right, guess he was too much of a coward.

Exaggeration there i think. They were over their line but their heels were still on it so hardly stepping up to it. Semantics i know. How come nobody has mentioned the crap freekick and the pen for undressing Branthwaite?
and the pen for the pull on Danjuma. Rules have changed. No one told the ref though

Status
Not open for further replies.