Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won pretty much everything in the air, or just did enough. Keane was solid too, as was Holgate when he went in there.

I wouldn't play Yerry v City. He's playing well but there's no need for him to be in there. Go with Keane (assuming tonight was a pre-planned sub to rest his legs a bit) and Holgate, and give Yerry a rest ahead of West Ham.
Yeah I agree with this. We could even play Godfrey there and Holgate at left back as I think he is quicker then Holgate.

Yeah I agree with this. We could even play Godfrey there and Holgate at left back as I think he is quicker then Holgate.

I think that's mixing things up too much.

Godfrey hardly plays as a proper left-back, he plays very tucked in anyway.

God knows, this schedule is just ludicrous.

What I will say is we're better stocked at the back than we are up front. I know Richarlison's concussion is dead unfortunate, but it again goes back to p*** poor recruitment at the end of the last window. No planning at all - we knew we'd have this amount of matches to play.

I think that's mixing things up too much.

Godfrey hardly plays as a proper left-back, he plays very tucked in anyway.

God knows, this schedule is just ludicrous.

What I will say is we're better stocked at the back than we are up front. I know Richarlison's concussion is dead unfortunate, but it again goes back to p*** poor recruitment at the end of the last window. No planning at all - we knew we'd have this amount of matches to play.
At any world club you can't replace your best player. So you need to cope with that. I would also like to see two world class players at every position but can it be? So hope bernard can make his mark this time and team effort would bring something out od this game.

At any world club you can't replace your best player. So you need to cope with that. I would also like to see two world class players at every position but can it be? So hope bernard can make his mark this time and team effort would bring something out od this game.

It's not about that.

We knew we had these games. We knew the squad was short, yet reduced the numbers up top (fine) but then didn't bring anyone in.

A versatile, quality forward would help this squad out a ton. It's worth going for one in January - the prize is there.

It's not about that.

We knew we had these games. We knew the squad was short, yet reduced the numbers up top (fine) but then didn't bring anyone in.

A versatile, quality forward would help this squad out a ton. It's worth going for one in January - the prize is there.
Yup, tell me who do you wana replace with that versatile, quality forward? Who is such quality and yet want to be on the bench?

It's not about that.

If and its a big if we can get a result tomorrow against city and go top I can't see us not dipping into the January transfer window.

I think the recruitment has been okay but as you say it would be good to have that quality forward to cover things like richarlison getting injured etc but would think we would have to pay through the nose for it

Yup, tell me who do you wana replace with that versatile, quality forward? Who is such quality and yet want to be on the bench?

No successful team is built on 11 players.

Leon Bailey would be the ideal, but i doubt he's an option for January.

Sarr from Watford could add a lot, but price could be prohibitive. I'd still love Zaha, though probably not realistic.

Dodi Lukebakio, at Hertha Berlin, is in the mould of what we need too.

It's not about like for like, but we need the options up there. It gives us the freedom to play a few different systems, not run certain players into the ground.

We currently have our four best players injured. With the games coming thick and fast, I doubt there'll be many more games that we have our 'first choice' XI on the pitch together for the rest of the season.

If and its a big if we can get a result tomorrow against city and go top I can't see us not dipping into the January transfer window.

I think the recruitment has been okay but as you say it would be good to have that quality forward to cover things like richarlison getting injured etc but would think we would have to pay through the nose for it

The result tomorrow should have zero impact on our plans for January.

We need a player. We needed one in October, before Kean - and to a lesser extent - Walcott, left.

It's about being able to cover, but also give us different options.

January deals can help good teams win things.

One player. We can muddle through with the rest, but one player is desperately needed for that front line.

This isn't me being negative, but if we want to take full advantage of the opportunity presented to us this season, and the talent we have - DCL, Rich, James and Carlo etc - we need to go out and get somebody else.

The result tomorrow should have zero impact on our plans for January.

We need a player. We needed one in October, before Kean - and to a lesser extent - Walcott, left.

It's about being able to cover, but also give us different options.

January deals can help good teams win things.

One player. We can muddle through with the rest, but one player is desperately needed for that front line.

This isn't me being negative, but if we want to take full advantage of the opportunity presented to us this season, and the talent we have - DCL, Rich, James and Carlo etc - we need to go out and get somebody else.
I agree with you mate surprised when we allowed kean to go on loan and replacing him with tosun and not going out and buying a player who is a lot more mobile.

If we are to sustain this assault on top 4 or dare we dream about winning thr league, I don't think we will mind but we might even need more then one player

I agree with you mate surprised when we allowed kean to go on loan and replacing him with tosun and not going out and buying a player who is a lot more mobile.

If we are to sustain this assault on top 4 or dare we dream about winning thr league, I don't think we will mind but we might even need more then one player

Yep, we definitely need more, but if I had to pick, a forward for me is top of the list. Opens up options for us to play other players elsewhere (James in midfield if needed etc).

Yep, we definitely need more, but if I had to pick, a forward for me is top of the list. Opens up options for us to play other players elsewhere (James in midfield if needed etc).
The problem with James yes he will help the club commercially for years to come because of how big a name he is and yes he is a fantastic player but how many games will he be missing a season? He was only meant to be out a game or two and it's been 5 now so I think a loan for someone who can unlock a defence like James would be a need too.

Siggurdson - 6 great goal and good to see him put in some effort in the last few games but still does not effect the game anywhere near enough for his position.
Dcl - 7 not much on for him tonight but what he did very well.
Subs:
Bernard - 7 great energy and interlinking play. Not had many bad games this season and would like to see him used more.
Coleman - 6 much more comfy than holgate at getting forward
Gomes - 6 did a decent job when he came on, should have had a pen/free kick

Scored the winner though.....

No successful team is built on 11 players.

Leon Bailey would be the ideal, but i doubt he's an option for January.

Sarr from Watford could add a lot, but price could be prohibitive. I'd still love Zaha, though probably not realistic.

Dodi Lukebakio, at Hertha Berlin, is in the mould of what we need too.

It's not about like for like, but we need the options up there. It gives us the freedom to play a few different systems, not run certain players into the ground.

We currently have our four best players injured. With the games coming thick and fast, I doubt there'll be many more games that we have our 'first choice' XI on the pitch together for the rest of the season.
These are fine players but you still didn't answer my question. Still can't see player good enough who want to be on the bench. It seems to me like you play too much of Football manager, but this is real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.