Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if a seventh place finish would be good enough to make Europa this year? It seems very feasible we could finish in this spot if we can play up to par going forward. I know I am being optimistic, but still.
Dont care too much until we are competing for 1st. We should be and will.

Does anyone know if Man City win the FA Cup and one of Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa League and fail to get in the Top 4, will 8th place open up as a Europa League spot?

I think Fulham finished 8th the season before they went on their run to the EL final, so I'm sure that it's possible for 8th to open up as European spot but I have no idea about the stipulations needed for it to happen.

Does anyone know if Man City win the FA Cup and one of Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa League and fail to get in the Top 4, will 8th place open up as a Europa League spot?

I think Fulham finished 8th the season before they went on their run to the EL final, so I'm sure that it's possible for 8th to open up as European spot but I have no idea about the stipulations needed for it to happen.

Lob in the possibility of Spurs winning the CL, and finishing 5th as well.......Reckon Fulham might be in with a shout!

Lob in the possibility of Spurs winning the CL, and finishing 5th as well.......Reckon Fulham might be in with a shout!

It seems to get more confusing every year.

I want us to get into Europe so the more spots open the better but God knows how it works.

I'm pretty sure we can have no more than 7 in European competition. That 8th/Fulham was probably on fair-play which has been removed. 8th or below on current rules can never get European footy. I think.

It seems to get more confusing every year.

I want us to get into Europe so the more spots open the better but God knows how it works.

I havnt a clue, other than the top 4 are CL, and 5th and 6th are EL. Even then, not 100% on that.

I'm pretty sure we can have no more than 7 in European competition. That 8th/Fulham was probably on fair-play which has been removed. 8th or below on current rules can never get European footy. I think.

I've just checked and it turns out they actually came seventh, finishing ahead of Tottenham.

I guess your right about the max number of teams in Europe being no more than 7. I think 5 is the cap on Champions League teams and Europa is a cap of no more than 3 (assuming that the usual 4 English teams will go into the CL).

If City win the FA Cup and either Chelsea/Arsenal win the EL but don't finish in the Top 4, then either 5th or 6th will take one EL spot and 7th will take the other.

If Tottenham win the CL and finish outside the top 4 with the above stipulations, then I think that would mean 4th place would miss out which means the teams in 4th and in 7th would qualify for the Europa League.

Absolutely mental.

I havnt a clue, other than the top 4 are CL, and 5th and 6th are EL. Even then, not 100% on that.
6th became europa place in Feb when city won cup v chelsea,7th will become europa place if city win cup v watford-obviously watford get that europa place and no 7th place for europa if they win fa cup

[usually top 4 champs league,5th europa,plus 2 cup winners go in europa]

Gentle reminder that Everton can now only finish as high as 7th, but if results dont go our way we could finish 15th.

1f3a3.png

The difference in Merit payments could be 16m.

Status
Not open for further replies.