Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they dont Europa this season, cos they think it will effect our chances of getting Europa next season.

Its quite breathtaking logic really.
I'd say it's more people want to see us get back to consistently finishing in the top 7/8 before adding another 10+ fixtures to our season.

I'm 50/50. I can see the benefit in being able to concentrate on the league, and to get to a respectable stage of the Europa we'd need a good few new players. But if we've got good money to spend this summer and we can shift a few high earners on maybe we can challenge on both fronts. I love being able to watch two Everton games a week.

I think some people are terrified of another Koeman situation and I don't blame them.

Yeah, they dont Europa this season, cos they think it will effect our chances of getting Europa next season.

Its quite breathtaking logic really.

I’m sure some people just repeat stuff without formulating their own reason.

“I can’t watch penalties” is another one.

Everything that needs to be said about the season has been said mate.

Corners been turned now , no good looking back only forward . Next season we'll be pushing top 4 never mind 7th .
We used to say the same thing every time Moyes sneaked up the table in March/April, when there was nothing left to play for and no pressure. It was same in Koeman's first season, too.

Huh? Top 4 in champs league. If Arsenal or Chelsea win Europa then 6 and 7 get Europa League. Not even sure Watford would get a place if City win FA Cup. Think league gets primacy.

They stopped that practice a few yesrs ago.

Watford would hav3 to win the Cup in order to qualify for Europe.

I'd say it's more people want to see us get back to consistently finishing in the top 7/8 before adding another 10+ fixtures to our season.

I'm 50/50. I can see the benefit in being able to concentrate on the league, and to get to a respectable stage of the Europa we'd need a good few new players. But if we've got good money to spend this summer and we can shift a few high earners on maybe we can challenge on both fronts. I love being able to watch two Everton games a week.

I think some people are terrified of another Koeman situation and I don't blame them.
Our squad as it stands isn't good enough to play EL and Prem games.If we finish 8th with a better points total than last season that will be a slight Improvement,given the mid season slump.Next year will depend on who we can keep and what level of quality we can add.

Anyone who doesnt want Europa League is foolish. Its another chance to win a trophy and it gives us a chance of qualfiying for the CL.

We aint finishing in the top 4 anytime soon.

The problem is the second string is genuine muck so if we’re gonna do that then we might as well not be in the competition.

I'm not sure that is true. Obviously it will be heavily influenced by the comings and goings of this summer, but at present our second string could look like this

Kenny Mina Jagielka Baines
Lookman Schneiderlin Davies Bolasie
Vlasic
Tosun

I don't think a team like that is necessarily guaranteed to fail in the group stages, but even if it did, we would earn about 15 million just for being in the group stages.

I'm not sure that is true. Obviously it will be heavily influenced by the comings and goings of this summer, but at present our second string could look like this

Kenny Mina Jagielka Baines
Lookman Schneiderlin Davies Bolasie
Vlasic
Tosun

I don't think a team like that is necessarily guaranteed to fail in the group stages, but even if it did, we would earn about 15 million just for being in the group stages.

Fair enough mate but just looking at that team makes me feel a bit ill and I’m convinced it would get bummed everywhere.

The problem is the second string is genuine muck so if we’re gonna do that then we might as well not be in the competition.

I think rotation is almost essential in the early stages of the EL. Our squad is unlikely to be strong enough to do that and still progress, but it's still what I would do. It gives young players opportunities in lower intensity environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.