Serious contenders??

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest i would take Moyes right now, till the end of the season. We can't defend whatsoever at the moment, he would at least make us difficult to beat, whereas now we are simply rubbish and can get beaten by most anyone. It would give us time to find hopefully the right man, although the pond we are fishing in isn't large, which makes the task all the more harder. I don't think Eddie Howe is the answer, and tbh i can't see us accepting Rafael... because of them, who else is there at the moment? Moyes had west ham playing ok when he was there and they comfortably escaped. He knows us, yes we know him, yes times have moved on, his record with larger purchases wasn't great, but then he can't surely do any worse right now in that respect, after weve blown circa £400 Mill on dross... the one or two exceptions.

Just my twopeneth... Moyes for me till the end of the season.
Bin for the Binman.

They have an 11,000 seater stadium, half of their 1st team are players that Howe got promoted from League One with and they have been in the Prem barely 4 years.

Incredibly shrewd in the transfer market, largely buying from the lower leagues. Youngest average team in the Prem. Fast paced, pressing Football. Big Everton fan.

Shocking that some fans think we’re “above” him. Wouldn’t surprise me if Arsenal went for him. Will definitely manage a top six club or England next few years.
Currently being battered by Spurs.. lol

If you define being bang average and being content with nothing other than being in the Premier League as excellent, I agree with you there mate.

He’s literally dragged a tiny club on the south coast, out of League One and upto the Premier League, where they had never been in 125 years, and kept them there comfortably.

At no point in the last 3 seasons have they looked like going down and are now considered a solid, mid-table Premier League side with some excellent young players.

How on earth could you think he’s done anything other than an incredible job? Would you expect a cup win or European football at this point or something?

Madness.

He’s literally dragged a tiny club on the south coast, out of League One and upto the Premier League, where they had never been in 125 years, and kept them there comfortably.

At no point in the last 3 seasons have they looked like going down and are now considered a solid, mid-table Premier League side with some excellent young players.

How on earth could you think he’s done anything other than an incredible job? Would you expect a cup win or European football at this point or something?

Madness.
He maybe able to set Bournemouth up to attack, but there is no way he can get them to defend properly....we don't need another Martinez.

He maybe able to set Bournemouth up to attack, but there is no way he can get them to defend properly....we don't need another Martinez.

He’s categorically not another Martinez.

Martinez’ career highlight was winning the FA Cup with Wigan and simultaneously getting relegated. He joined Wigan as an established Premier League side and eventually took them down.

Howe hasn’t got a relegation his CV, has got multiple promotions on his CV while playing attractive Football with young players.

You say he can’t set up a team to defend, and they don’t have a particularly good defensive record, but you have to factor in he’s working with League One players and also that he’s staying true to his passing, attacking principles - which is something that should be commended.

Many managers bring teams into the Premier League and revert to that scruffy, 11 men behind the ball, route one type stuff, which is effective but not easy-on-the-eye.

From an impartial point of view, Bournemouth are always great to watch and they were unfortunate to get nothing from Spurs today.

He’s categorically not another Martinez.

Martinez’ career highlight was winning the FA Cup with Wigan and simultaneously getting relegated. He joined Wigan as an established Premier League side and eventually took them down.

Howe hasn’t got a relegation his CV, has got multiple promotions on his CV while playing attractive Football with young players.

You say he can’t set up a team to defend, and they don’t have a particularly good defensive record, but you have to factor in he’s working with League One players and also that he’s staying true to his passing, attacking principles - which is something that should be commended.

Many managers bring teams into the Premier League and revert to that scruffy, 11 men behind the ball, route one type stuff, which is effective but not easy-on-the-eye.

From an impartial point of view, Bournemouth are always great to watch and they were unfortunate to get nothing from Spurs today.
He is working with Premier League players now surely? He's been there 4 years mate. But accept mid table mediocrity then if thats your thing....our useless board have.

State your preferred next manager and why?
Diego Simeone because of his man-management, passion on the touch line something EFC have been lacking for a very long time...since HK in fact and I think he would totally get EFC it's like a match made in heaven.

Benitez.
We know at the very least he'll have us challenging for Europa League. But has the CV and experience to push us further. Leaving Newcastle showed he's not to stand by principles so players that come in will be ones he wants as well as brands. And also he's a REALISTIC option unlike some of the names being mentioned.
A few years of benitez steadying the ship, allowing brands to cement his strategy and then we will be more attractive to other top managers.
Oh and benitez can also attract the standard of player our last four have been unable to.

Benitez.
We know at the very least he'll have us challenging for Europa League. But has the CV and experience to push us further. Leaving Newcastle showed he's not to stand by principles so players that come in will be ones he wants as well as brands. And also he's a REALISTIC option unlike some of the names being mentioned.
A few years of benitez steadying the ship, allowing brands to cement his strategy and then we will be more attractive to other top managers.
Oh and benitez can also attract the standard of player our last four have been unable to.

the clubs a mess. the fans are on edge and getting sick of it all.

and you think the solution is to hire a manager the majority would hate before he starts?

nah. not the answer. i wouldnt have him anyway because of who he is, but besides that placing him into this mess would just be a timebomb that would go off as soon as we lose a couple

fans wanted martinez out half way through his 2nd season despite the great 1st season. they wanted Silva out during his 1st. that arrogant prat would be given a fortnight before goodison would go mental

the clubs a mess. the fans are on edge and getting sick of it all.

and you think the solution is to hire a manager the majority would hate before he starts?

nah. not the answer. i wouldnt have him anyway because of who he is, but besides that placing him into this mess would just be a timebomb that would go off as soon as we lose a couple

fans wanted martinez out half way through his 2nd season despite the great 1st season. they wanted Silva out during his 1st. that arrogant prat would be given a fortnight before goodison would go mental
I disagree. Part of Martinez' and Silva' problem is they don't have much of a track record so fans don't trust them to bounce back (both been relegated). I think a bad run of form with benitez you know it's a blip and we'll bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.