Sergio Reguilon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo saying fake news, but then it is the RS echo

Haha bad news Kirkbride strikes again!

In fairness the Echo know nothing - funny how they never report on us signing someone only rubbishing reports elsewhere.

If you believe the Echo:

1. Moyes was front runner for the job

2. We never bid for Zaha

3. Barca never bid for Richarlison in January

I personally think all 3 calls made by the Echo are wrong there.

They’ve got a pretty spot on record when it comes to shooting things down I think?

I personally think they get told duff info.

We were talking to Carlo when they were saying Moyes was front runner for the job.

They denied us offering McCarthy & Tosun to Palace for Zaha then both players end up at Palace.

They say no bid for Richarlison whilst we have Carlo asking Richy to "stay another season".

Not saying they get everything wrong but I think they purposely play down reports for reasons I dont know.

I think so to mate, generally if teams can shut down our left side, they are confident of holding our right (down the middle in the central channel as well but thats a different story), with Theo relying on pace the gaps between him and Seamus for link ups is often distant as Walcott plays of the shoulder, means Theo is always trying to get in behind, while Seamus is generally miles behind unless we are progressively building up, something Walcott isnt great at in my opinion. A different trickier, cannier right midfielder will be really important to out thret and balance, have to have different attributes to Walcott.

A more natural dribbler do you think?

Ideally you get one who does both but not many around is there?

Haha bad news Kirkbride strikes again!

In fairness the Echo know nothing - funny how they never report on us signing someone only rubbishing reports elsewhere.

If you believe the Echo:

1. Moyes was front runner for the job

2. We never bid for Zaha

3. Barca never bid for Richarlison in January

I personally think all 3 calls made by the Echo are wrong there.

Conversely, why would the Echo talk this down if they weren't certain it didn't happen? They called Zaha last summer bang on saying we didn't make second bid, which the club then reiterated. Sky Sports are the only source for all three of Zaha second bid, Richarlison's Barca bid and now this LB.

Kirkbride's record has been decent and see no reason for him to tear this down if he wasn't certain. It didn't make sense at the beginning, spending £18m on a LB when we have so many other priority positions needed replaced.

Conversely, why would the Echo talk this down if they weren't certain it didn't happen? They called Zaha last summer bang on saying we didn't make second bid, which the club then reiterated. Sky Sports are the only source for all three of Zaha second bid, Richarlison's Barca bid and now this LB.

Kirkbride's record has been decent and see no reason for him to tear this down if he wasn't certain. It didn't make sense at the beginning, spending £18m on a LB when we have so many other priority positions needed replaced.

Well Kirkbride said we didnt bid again for Zaha offering Tosun & MccCarthy as part of the deal - then coincidentally both players end up in a Palace shirt this season.

He claimed Moyes was favourite for the job whilst Usmanov was speaking to Ancelotti

He's claimed Barca never bid for Richarlison - then why is Richarlison interviewed about Ancelotti asking him to give us "another season" if there was no interest in Rich why are we trying to keep him from leaving?

I just think the Echo get told half a story or have someone close to the club who doesn't divulge too much and gives the echo a generic response to which they run with.

You never see them say "sources at the club have said" its always "the echo understands" well I understand I have a 10 inch penis - doesn't make it factual.

I thought football clubs were in big financial trouble post covid. Why do we and others pay this much money for footballers still? Was looking forward to collapse of industrial football...

In my eyes since Brands came in the usual people getting bits like Joyce and Hunter stopped.

Echo started getting bits but was mostly a "this isn't true" instead of "we're in for him".

Status
Not open for further replies.