Semi Final Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know this has been mentioned in a thread before about us getting to europe if we win the semi, cant remember which thread it was though so ill post it here.

Basically if we win our semi and lose to a team qualified for the champs league we'll get into europe. Does this only apply to league standings or anything, for example, spurs finish 4th and we play them in the final we're in europe. However, what if chelsea finish 5th and then win the champs league? As they would be into the champs league, would that mean we would get europa, if we lost to them in the final and then they go on to win the champions league?

im guessing it is only based on if they qualify for the knockout stages, for example if spurs or chelsea get knocked out int a qualifying round and had to go into the europa, it wouldn't really matter then. Another outcome is that we win the semi and would hope to be resting players for the final. However, when it gets to our final game of the season, we will be required to beat newcastle to avoid them from getting a champions league spot so we can get into europe. In that case what do we do, im sure moyes would still rest players but would throw up a massive debate.

Anyway, to sort this out, lets just win the fecking cup, IMWT

Dont know whether its good or bad but ive got a gr8 feeling about Saturday and i had this feeling before the man utd semi in 09

*quickly grabs coat and leaves

Moyes has taken us as far as he can...

Moyes has hit a glass ceiling etc etc.

Moyes in FFS. Moyes IN.

Coyb

(At least we're not Villa!)

Dont know whether its good or bad but ive got a gr8 feeling about Saturday and i had this feeling before the man utd semi in 09

*quickly grabs coat and leaves

I had the same feeling mate. Unfortunately, I was deployed for both wembley visits, but am chuffed to bits I will be there on Saturday. Well worth getting ass-raped by club wembley.

2-0 to the blues for me!!!!

Ask yourself, if Liverpool where on a run like us, and we were crap post christmas, instead of Pre Christmas.

Would you be worried? Plus a severe hiding in the final build up game, with our lessened first 11?

I hate to say it, but I'm f*cking confident.

Ask yourself, if Liverpool where on a run like us, and we were crap post christmas, instead of Pre Christmas.

Would you be worried? Plus a severe hiding in the final build up game, with our lessened first 11?

I hate to say it, but I'm f*cking confident.

Bry youve just jinxed it FFS

Last time Everton won 4-0 was Wigan at home, April '09. The game before we beat Man United in the semi final.

Status
Not open for further replies.