Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can not see any problem selling someone who hasn't played for us in over a year, at least and I not part of the managers plans. We have a lot of deadwood that needs selling on and its always nice to make a profit on it as well, if the fee of £14m, plus sell on percentage is true.

....unlike the Kenwright era where we had to sell to raise funds, this is clearly not the case with Moshiri. In our current state, I suggest selling is more about good housekeeping. More specifically, reducing the squad numbers.

We no longer have a hand to mouth existence, but we simply can’t continue to bring new players in without pruning the numbers.

Christ almighty

MOSHIRI IS NOT ALLOWED TO JUST BANKROLL SIGNINGS

Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across a 3 season rolling period (as with UEFA's FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt). Any club that posts losses in excess of that figure could face penalties, including but not limited to a points deduction. Any loss between £15m and £105m over that three year period has to be guaranteed by club owners.

So assuming that as a club we were breaking even, the most Moshiri could theoretically pump in for transfers over a three year period is £105m - I think I'm right in saying that he's already done this, or at least close to it.

So yes, IT IS sell to buy, but that's mostly because it has to be. Commercial deals etc help, but TV money and transfers are the two main income streams.

The bedwetters on this are proper Brexit arguments - totally want to avoid the detail and just concentrate on high level soundbites

(This wasn't a dig at Bungle, just knowledge that the same "Kenwright" and "carpetbagger" posts are incoming)

Brands said one in and one out at a time. The wage bill needs adressing and if Vlasic goes to free up wages for Gomez that makes massive sense to me. like night and day between the two players. i would have gomez in thew starting 11 every day ahead of Vlasic

Christ almighty

MOSHIRI IS NOT ALLOWED TO JUST BANKROLL SIGNINGS

Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across a 3 season rolling period (as with UEFA's FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt). Any club that posts losses in excess of that figure could face penalties, including but not limited to a points deduction. Any loss between £15m and £105m over that three year period has to be guaranteed by club owners.

So assuming that as a club we were breaking even, the most Moshiri could theoretically pump in for transfers over a three year period is £105m - I think I'm right in saying that he's already done this, or at least close to it.

So yes, IT IS sell to buy, but that's mostly because it has to be. Commercial deals etc help, but TV money and transfers are the two main income streams.

The bedwetters on this are proper Brexit arguments - totally want to avoid the detail and just concentrate on high level soundbites
There you have it. Moshiri is taking the club for a ride.

Joke of a club, meanwhile our neighbours are bringing in world class player after world class player and winning trophies!!!!!! Board o u t !!!!

There you have it. Moshiri is taking the club for a ride.

ef8.jpg

There's definitely more financial leeway under this regime than the last one, even if there isn't a huge amount of money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.